Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Coach Hal Chernoff Inducted Into Hall Of Fame

I hope this does not seem boastful, because I am actually honored and humbled to have been sent this letter. I never thought that the work we did in the Main St Gym would would ever cause the men and women of the Washington D.C,’s Hall of Fame to consider including my name as one of their inductees for 2014.

To think that boxing people like Sugar Ray Leonard and other greats have been past inductees, still has me shaking my head and asking if I am really deserving. But this one time I'm going to let go and just enjoy it.

Sadly, I won’t make the dinner and ceremony on Nov 21st, because I will be in Wilmington DE trying to help my fighter Alex Guerrero win the NABA Belt.

I guess sacrificing all the weddings, birthdays, holidays anniversaries and other events must be one of the criteria for being considered, and in that category I certainly met the requirement.

I am very honored.

Yours in Shock
Coach Hal

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good man doing good things for the community. Congratulations Hal!

Unknown said...

great work from a great guy and friend

JoeAlbero said...

I just spoke with Hal and Alex as they are heading up to Wilmington for his big 10 round fight tomorrow night. Both are in great spirits and confident.

Anonymous said...

Great news Hal! You deserve it. Good luck to Alex, wish we could be there.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Hal. SO WELL DESERVED!

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Hal!

Anonymous said...

Well deserved! Congratulations!