Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

NEITHER LEFT NOR RIGHT

I feel a tremendous responsibility to write this article though I am a little apprehensive. Thinking about the possibility of rising up against our own government is a frightening thing for many of us. I am not Johnny Rambo and I will be the first to admit that I do not want to die. The reason I feel compelled to write this, however, is simply because I don’t think the average American is equipped with the facts. I feel that a lot of American citizens feel like they have no choice but to surrender their guns if the government comes for them. I blame traditional media sources for this mass brainwash and I carry the responsibility of all small independent bloggers to tell the truth. So my focus today is to lay out your constitutional rights as an American, and let you decide what to do with those rights.

About a month ago I let the “democracy” word slip in a discussion with a fellow blogger. I know better. Americans have been conditioned to use this term. It’s not an accurate term and it never has been a correct term to describe our form of government. The truth is that the United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic elections, but ultimately our representatives are required to work within the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of Americans want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no right to call for a violation of constitutional rights.

If you are religious you might choose to think of it this way… Say that members of your congregation decide that mass fornication is a good thing. Do they have the right to change the teachings of your God? The truth is the truth. It doesn’t matter how many people try to stray from it. Did I just compare our founders to God? In a way I did, but please note that I am not trying to insult anyone. For the purpose of the American Government our constitution and founders who wrote it are much like God is to believers. It is the law. It is indisputable.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our Founding Fathers were very clear and thoughtful when laying the foundation for a FREE REPUBLIC.

It amazes me how many people still think it's a democracy. It's insulting. W

hen you look at the U.S. today and realize we have been practicing democracy - rather than the principles of a FREE REPUBLIC - it becomes obvious why we are failing.

Anonymous said...

If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed. This calls for the patient enduring and faithfulness of the saints. Rev 13:10 (End times scriptures). Some will be called to fight like King David; some will be called to be prisoners like Jeremiah. It will be between them and God which way to go. Everyone eventually, whether religious or not, will have to make a decision. Captivity is not only in a jail with bars.