Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

THIS IS WHY I LOVE THE EASTERN SHORE!

Today I received a phone call from a Family in Florida explaining they were in desperate need of making contact with their Parents in Crisfield.

They explained how their Father was 90 and their Mother is in her late 80's. They live on Main Street in Crisfield and they couldn't make contact with them.

They called the Police but there was no answer. I came to learn the Crisfield Police Department had their entire roof come off the building.

I told the caller that I would do my best to make contact with someone in Crisfield and that I'd get right back to them. The very first person that came to mind was John Phoebus. John answered my call and I explained the situation. John said, give me the Florida phone number and I'll go over to their home right now and make sure every one is OK.

Not 15 minutes later I received a call back from John, the Parents are just fine. It turns out they have cell phones but unless you have Verizon service they just don't work in Crisfield. John let them use his cell phone to call their children and all is good.

I'm going to elect John Phoebus as the President of the "What A Guy Club". Thanks John!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome guy!

Anonymous said...

I've known John. He's a good man.

Steve B.

Anonymous said...

See? There ARE angels who live among us! Way to Go!

Anonymous said...

Trying to be a tough guy here and holding back tears, just doesn't work for happy tears : )

Anonymous said...

smart move on their part to call you I am glad they were not too late

Anonymous said...

Great job Joe and John.

Anonymous said...

Really puts my faith back in people when I hear a story as this. Thank You Both for "reaching out for others!"

Anonymous said...

and a damn fine lawyer to boot

Anonymous said...

Great lawyer too....