Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Early Voting Extended


The choices we will make in this election could not be more clear.  As we come together to clean up and dig out after Hurricane Sandy, we also need to cast our vote for progress to keep our country and our state moving forward. 

Early voting resumes early tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. and we need you to get out and vote. 

We are extending early voting by one full day and extending the hours for every remaining day.
  • Wednesday, October 31st - 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m
  • Thursday, November 1st - 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
  • Friday, November 2nd - 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Anyone standing in line at an early voting location by 9:00 p.m. will be guaranteed the right to cast a ballot. To find your polling location visit: www.mdearlyvote.com

You came together during this storm to protect your family and ensure the safety of your neighbors. Now, in these last remaining hours, we need you to stand up and take action by casting your ballot in this critically important election.

Thank you,
Martin O'Malley

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm voting on voting day, and taking my kids along. They have off of school, and I think it's important for them to know the process. Plus they get to be a part of the whole experience, they can't vote themselves but to instill in them that it is a privilage and a way to voice your opinion is important.

Anonymous said...

Yea, early voting. More corrupt moves by the Democrats!

Anonymous said...

10:13
I remember going with my parents when they voted. I also remember they would never let you behind the curtain with them. You had to wait til they were done.

11:29
My husband had to vote early or not vote at all since he will be away from home on election day. He is FAR from being a liberal or a democrat.

Anonymous said...

I worked for a company years ago where I traveled a lot. There is such a thing called "Absentee Ballot" 1145PM.
Actually, my children are all in college and because they will not be here on November 6, they all secured an absentee ballot....sorry 1145PM but I don't support early voting because we do have the absentee ballot process available to us for those like your husband who will be away from home.

Anonymous said...

As far as I know we have always had early voting; it's called an absentee ballot. Actually it's "anytime" voting. Why waste time and money on so-called early voting when this option is always available?

Anonymous said...

I agree with 8:07...what a waste of money!

Anonymous said...

I've heard they have moved the Worcester early voting location to Snow Hill instead of Ocean Pines.
Why? Did the OP's location sustain hurricane damage? For some reason I doubt that it did, and this move was a calculated effort to get more dems out to vote early.