Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 27, 2012

2012 ELECTION - ANOTHER INSIDE JOB

While Romney and Obama trade insults about who’s the worse Washington insider, the reality is both are in hock to Big Money Last week, Mitt Romney and President Obama traded insults in a most amazing way, reminding us that success in American politics these days requires two things: saying the most absurd things with a straight face, and maximizing the appearance of differences with your opponent, while minimizing their reality. Consider … Obama: “I’ve learned some lessons. Most important is you can’t change Washington from inside, only from the outside.” Romney: “He said he can’t change Washington from inside. He can only change it from outside. I can change Washington. I will change Washington. We’ll get the job done from the inside.” Obama: “What kind of inside job is he talking about? Is it the job of rubber-stamping the top-down, you’re-on-your-own agenda of this Republican Congress? Because if it is, we don’t want it … We don’t want an inside job in Washington.” More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be so glad when the election is over! I am so sick and tired of the lies and delusions of grandeur from both sides, as well as those on the sidelines. The phone rings all evening with campaign messages, folks in the workplace are crazy with their talk for both sides. I guess I'm lucky that I'm not hearing voices at this point in time. November 6th can not come fast enough for me.

Anonymous said...

I am appalled. Big money is involved in this election? And from both sides? And neither side is being totally truthful? Aghast! When did this start?