Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Street Man Claims $250,000 Prize From Record-Breaking Mega Millions Drawing

Historic drawing produced $540 million jackpot

BALTIMORE
- As lottery players across the nation watched with anticipation for the record-breaking winning Mega Millions numbers in March, one man from Harford County knew he hit a big prize, albeit not the $656 million one.

The man, who chose to remain anonymous, watched the reports about the where the winning ticket was sold, and he immediately knew he didn't win the big prize.

"I saw where the ticket was purchased and knew I wasn’t the winner," said the 63-year-old man from Street.

In fact, it wasn't until a week and a half ago when the man and his wife watched television and saw something that prompted him to check his tickets -- which he still had tucked away.

"I was watching a show and it reported that there were still three $250,000 unclaimed tickets out there," the man said. "When I saw one of them was sold at Redner's, I thought, 'I'd better check them."

More

No comments: