The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 12, 2012

6% Of State Employees Make $100,00 Or More — 5,522 People

Last year, 5,522 state employees brought home paychecks that added up to $100,000 or more, according to salary figures from the Comptroller’s office. That’s about 6% of most full-time workers employed by the state and 383 more than in 2010.

Continue Reading...


Anonymous said...

How about adding in the pension costs for a total compensation number.
The ongoing costs of the pension system is staggering and unaffordable in the future. We need to pay these folks what they are worth and then they need to save for their retirement just like everyone else.

Anonymous said...

State workers pay 5% of their pay into their pension fund. It is not free, nor should it be. In addition, most were forced to join a union. The way the state got around breaking that law is they allowed the employee who does not support unions to not pay that small portion of their dues that supported political ideology. State workers are paying more for their health insurance and receiving fewer benefits. Everyone in the working middle class in this country is feeling the pinch fron the economy. Although 6% of state workers may make $100,000, obviously the other 94% does not.

Anonymous said...

Ok, you are paying in 5%, explain how much you are getting back out? Nice try but there is a reason why pensions are unaffordable in the private sector...BECAUSE THEY ARE!