Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bill Filed To Prohibit Congressional Insider Trading

Washington (CNN) -- Members of Congress and their staffs would be prohibited from using insider legislative information for investment purposes under legislation filed Tuesday in the wake of a CBS News "60 Minutes" report.

On Sunday, "60 Minutes" aired a report highlighting instances in which congressional officials reportedly bought stocks around the same time Congress was discussing legislation affecting those companies or industries.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sure the Congress will vote to stop themselves from getting rich on the rigged stock market.

Anonymous said...

Oh.. I get it.If I use "insider trading information to keep me from losing money,I go to jail. If I am an elected official that uses insider trading information to MAKE MONEY, I won't go to jail.

I wish someone would have told me this a few years ago!

-Martha Steward

Anonymous said...

This bill will get headline and will be buried in committee

Anonymous said...

This bill is worthless even if it passes.
Unless they include spouses and immediate family members, nothing really will change because there will just be other people in the family doing their deeds for them.
I think they all should have to report ALL income on a quarterly basis. That's the only way to track what these thieves are doing!
Bet the IRS never even looks in to these people, but they'll come after us little guys with all the muscle they can!