Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 30, 2011

Schwarzenegger Says Gov. Campaign Was An Impulse

Traditionally, when a political candidate declares that they are officially running for office, the announcement is meticulously planned, the speech carefully written, the ground tested. And they usually tell their spouse first.

But former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger was not a traditional candidate nor did he have much of an appetite for carefully planned events. In an interview with Vanity Fair, the Governator recounts the night he spontaneously announced his bid for the state’s top role on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.”

“I just thought, This will freak everyone out,” he told Vanity Fair’s Michael Lewis. “It’ll be so funny. I’ll announce that I am running. I told Leno I was running. And two months later I was governor.”

More

No comments: