Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, August 27, 2011

UPDATE


As promised earlier, I went back to the City Park area to take pictures of what I feel is the most critical area in Salisbury.

The water is just getting ready to breach the banks and the current is just unbelievable. I followed the river all the way down to Riverside Drive. Wile on Riverside Drive I traveled the river about 2 miles and while the tide is higher than normal, I found no flooding as of yet.

Now, let me get to the heart of my travels. Folks, seriously, stay off the roads this evening. Most businesses with the exception to the Royal Farms on west bound Rt. 50 is closed.

The debris falling from trees is quite overwhelming and we haven't seen the worst of the winds by a long shot. On my way home there were barely any vehicles on the road and the sky was completely black, very eerie.

I should add, I didn't run into any flooding on the roads in Salisbury but as soon as I hit Memory Gardens Lane and the back roads there was standing water completely across the road and it hits you before you even know it.

That being said, I'd suggest every one stay put tonight and wait for daylight before considering getting on the road. Be safe, stay dry and have a peaceful evening.

No comments: