Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, July 02, 2011

Whose $100 Million ATM Recipt Is This?

Speculation ran rampant this week after Dealbreaker posted an image of an ATM receipt found in the tony Hamptons showing the account holder had a $99,864,731.94 balance as to whose it could be.

Was it Appaloosa Management bigwig David Tepper? He said no. Paulson? Bloomberg?

Who knows! No one is fessing up. But whosever's it is, they must feel pretty confident about the prospects of Capital One bank, as the FDIC only insures up to the first $250,000. And even though he's rolling mad large, he still has to pay a $2.75 withdrawal fee like the rest of us.

[via Dealbreaker]

from Ben Popken @ The Consumerist

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd have to make a deposit. Being under $100 million would drive me crazy! LOL

Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard of Photoshop?

Anonymous said...

wow, even if you let your bank hold 100Million they still charge you $2.50 to pull out a little. That's not very good business.

Anonymous said...

It's 2.75.

Anonymous said...

So that's where I left my ATM receipt when I went to my summer place in the Hamptons. I usually carry enough cash, but I was short and wanted to buy a decent bottle of wine. I'll never get to $100 million if they keep taking those lousy fees out!

Anonymous said...

Who cares? Besides jealousy, what reason is this even news? Even if real, why would someone that rich need to withdrawl 400 bucks? Unless it was a little something something he needed cash for. lol.

Oh well, back to reality.

Anonymous said...

There is (was?) a website that sells false ATM receipts to single men. They tell the men to write their numbers on the back to give to women...