Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 08, 2011

Tequila-Spiked Smoothies Served Up to Three Kids at Colorado Chili’s

Someone at a Chili's in Colorado made a big oopsy over the holiday weekend by serving up three fruit smoothies loaded with tequila to a trio of youngsters.

The kids' mom noticed something was amiss when her 8-year-old daughter began singing a medley of David Allan Coe songs complaining of dizziness. Mom took a sip of the smoothie, which she tells the local NBC affiliate was "loaded full of tequila.... If I would have had one then I know that would have been strong for me, and I can't imagine how strong that was for them."

She notified restaurant management and EMTs were called. Thankfully, nobody had to go to the hospital, though mom says her daughter did pass out during the fireworks show later that evening.

READ MORE …

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is actually hilarious. I don't see how one drink could have killed the kid. Just made them a little tipsy. All in all I would not have pressed charges if it had been one of my children. I would have probably even had a good laugh over, after of course, getting my meal and maybe even future meals for free ;)

Anonymous said...

"According to police, the drinks were poured into kid's cups, so police believe there could be a level of negligence there." Ya think?

Anonymous said...

2:12, I hope you don't actually have children.

Anonymous said...

2:12 I guess you didn't think about how small an 8 yr old is compared to an adult. Lets say it was a drink similar to what at adult would drink, there are some adults who can only drink one. Please don't have kids!