Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, July 25, 2011

Lewes Man Sought in Home Improvement Scam

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of a Lewes man who allegedly defrauded an elderly woman out of nearly $2,000 in a home improvement scam.

Michael A. Fitzgerald, 29, faces charges of theft $1,500 or greater when the victim is 62 years or older, home improvement fraud and carrying on occupations without a license, state police spokesman Cpl. Bruce Harris said.

The fraud allegedly took place between early December and April 4 at the 72-year-old victim’s home on Capes Cove Lane in Lewes.

READ MORE …

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing just thos past week I had a person call me wanying do some handy man chores around the house. I told the wife about it and i decided to call the Wicomico County Sheriffs officer to report the call due to reports of earler report scams. The female person that answered my call was disinterested.After I started explain my call she said why did you call us. Well I did not go any further and I told her that I was sorry to call you and waste your time.Good Bye. I think I will usr the MSP from now on.

Anonymous said...

This happens all the time. These guys go around with no licenses or insurance. Wicomico County is loaded with the,. Please beware and ask for their insurance and license. These people are crooks and rip people off all the time.

Bullard Construction said...

Look, people, just plain ask us for proof of license and insurance. I carry it with me whenever I'm on a sales call. Maryland supplies us with handy wallet size cards. If your solicitor can't produce one, then ask him/ her to leave. Please call me if you have any questions about this, I'd be glad to help.