Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Do As I Say, Not As I Do


On 12-31-2010 I was traveling up Rt. 13 when several pedestrians were walking in the road on the R/R overpass. It took me a few seconds but I was able to grab my camera and take some shots of the sidewalks.

Now I know the road is owned by the state but business locations down Rt. 13 have been forced to manage the sidewalks during these storms, so should the City.

So the big question is, were any of YOU fined by the City for not clearing your sidewalks?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's a median on a state road, it's state's job to clear it.

I don't need my city tax money clearing what my state tax money should be doing.

Anonymous said...

there were plenty of apt complex's in salisbury like crosswinds that did nothing to their sidewalks. I hope they fined everyone who did nothing to their sidewalks it makes up for the people who are responsible and take the time to shovel or pay to have someone do it.

Anonymous said...

i think this a good post mr joe. the sad part is that last year they were also people walking on the major roads because the sidewalks in the center of the city were covered in snow. i am sure there were alot of people with cold toes etc.