Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 18, 2010

"I'm Terrified Of Police"

Melvin Yates, 23, may be afraid of cops, but he's sure not afraid to go after them legally. He's suing the Howard County police Department for $50 million, claiming officers beat him until he was almost unconscious during a time he was mourning the death of his father.

Yates spoke out about the incident that sparked the lawsuit Thursday morning, with his lawyer, a local NAACP representative, and family members at his side.

"I shouldn't be terrified of the police," Yates said. "The police are the ones I should be able to turn to when I'm afraid of someone else. But I'm more afraid of them than [I am of] anyone else."

GO HERE to read more.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most criminals are "Terrified of the Police"

Especially, with his history with criminal charges. Crook!

Anonymous said...

Another B.S. law suit by a lazy punk using his race to try and get paid !

Anonymous said...

i pretty sure i dont have to read the rest of the story since it has "with...a local NAACP representative"

just more BS

Anonymous said...

Dittos to 10:00. The story lost all credibility when I saw that he was accompanied by a local NAACP representative.

Anonymous said...

Look up Melvin Yates on the Maryland Judiciary Case Search website. You will see the big picture. He is only 23 and is in the system numerous times. Some of his charges include armed robbery. Give me a break.

lastword said...

So.......if someone has a criminal history, anything can happen to them with no recourse?

lmclain said...

he was mourning his fathers death at a restaurant a year after the fact? And when a fight breaks out, this criminal went out to "break it up"? I'm gonna take a break from my usual rant and suggest the state of MD would be better off if the police had seen him "reaching for a weapon" and busted a cap in his totally dumb ass....now excuse me, I need an aspirin....

Anonymous said...

NAACP always helps black male criminals, but never lift a hand to help black females. If you contact them to help with a sexual assault case, they will not call back. Minority sex crime victims want to be sure our attackers are put behind bars and not supported by NAACP.

Anonymous said...

take two.