Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 04, 2010

A/C Help

Hi Joe,

I have a neighbor who is a single parent who as a result of having the h1n1 flu shot last fall developed a severe case of Guillain Barre Syndrome. The shot was "strongly recommended" by her employer as she did now want to get it . Now as a result, she has lost her job and medical. She seems to be getting worse instead of better. I was at her house last night and found out that she does not have air conditioning. I was wondering if you knew of anyone that would be gracious enough to come out and fix her ac for free. I thought I read something this winter about a kind man who helped someone who needed their heat fixed on your blog.

I am trying to work on getting her help through the system but as we all now the system has many flaws and moves very slowly. I am trying to keep her from ultimately losing everything she has. She just got health insurance through the state but they too are moving very slowly to get her any help. It is a very frustrating situation - not only for her but for anyone that knows her as she is a very sweet, would do anything for you kind of person. Today she is even unable to walk..her health has declined so much.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Wendy Seiler

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe- Was this taken care of? Do you know?

J.Albero said...

Not that I'm aware of.

Anonymous said...

if you have her contact info, please have her contact lacey@coastalcomfort.com. I'll see what we can do.