Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, May 28, 2010

Mayor Ireton Meets With Camden Association On Historical District



While I was taking down notes at last nights meeting, I waited for everyone to ask their questions in the hopes of asking one of my own. My question was one in which would have helped ALL of the Camden residents as well as our readers. I signaled to Jim that I'd like to ask a question and he shook his head, NO. I simply walked back to the table I was at, grabbed my things and walked the hell out.

You know what Folks, I'm a very busy man as it is. To take the additional time to cover such events takes time away from quality time at home and I refuse to be disrespected by Jim Ireton or anyone else for that matter. I'm not burning the gas to go to an Ireton event any more.

After sitting patiently for a half hour of Jim Ireton going on and on about OTHER matters in the City of Salisbury and him finally getting around to why he was actually there, I could have been home playing ball with my Grandson or eating the soft shell crabs my Wife had prepared for dinner last night. Instead, I come home to room temperature crabs and a Grandson who is already in bed.

That being said, I'm done trying to work with this Mayor. This has happened numerous times in the past and if Jim wants to rely on HIS people or the Daily Times, go for it. It should be noted, I was the ONLY Press in the room. No one else chose to attend. It should also be noted that Ireton had a Salisbury Police Officer there for protection. I guess he's afraid of Stu Leer or the thousands of other citizens simply tired of his BS.

So there you have it. There was a meeting last night, I walked out and Jim Ireton is now on his own. It should be noted, ALL of Jim's supporters have pretty much disappeared as they too have had enough of his childish behavior. Don't you believe for one second that Mayor Ireton believes in open government because he doesn't.

He's playing the very same games Barie Tilghman did, presenting information moments before meetings get started and not allowing Council Members ANY time to review such information. The political games end right here and now. He also likes to pick and choose his media moments.

No Jim, I'm not out to do to you what you have done to others, (and you and I both know I hold a TON of that kind of stuff on you). I refuse to sit in a room any more when there's no other Press and like last night you say there's no Press in the room. Show me some respect and I'll be more than happy to return the favor. Until then, I'll simply play ball with my Grandson and eat fresh hot crab cake samiches while you can go screw yourself.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe You and us got Jim elected to mayor AND we can UNelect him or make his life a living hell.

Anonymous said...

He will quit again, its only a matter of time.

Anonymous said...

Joe, How were the soft crabs? I kept reading the article to find out. We need to get some good recipes on here.

Anonymous said...

Sorry this happened to you,Joe. Over and over you have proven you are there to report what goes on in a meeting. WTF?

Anonymous said...

Same old, same old pos mayor. glad i didn't vote for him.

Anonymous said...

Teacher mayor likes to hold up maps.

Jim Ireton needs a teachable moment.