Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Don't Have My Glasses, Can All Of You Help Me Please?







A couple of weeks ago I was in Court with Code & Compliance. The Judge passed judgment in their favor because I didn't have my street address on my building, 300 W. Main Street.

After having some spare time yesterday I took these shots on the Plaza and wouldn't you know it, (unless I'm blind) but can any of YOU tell me the addresses posted on these buildings?

I just want to make sure the Good Old Boy Network isn't still alive in the City of Salisbury. Code & Compliance said, "we're not trying to steam roll anyone here your honor."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Code & compliance, what a joke. Whos puppet are you now Tom.

Anonymous said...

JOE you wanna me to call and complain to C and C,

Anonymous said...

Can we say "Appeal"?

Anonymous said...

The Metropolitan has it's address. 205 just above the light that is showing from inside :)

I do agree, punish one, punish them all!

Anonymous said...

How much was the fine?

Anonymous said...

A lot of them are on the Church street or Camden Street sides of the buildings. Not on the Plaza.

Anonymous said...

If they have a Main St address, needs to be on Main St. side.

Barrie still runs Salisbury you know. John Pick is actually mayor.

I had an encounter once with the code department. The director seems like a smart and decent fellow. But his "inspectors" at least the one I met are dumb as rocks. Maybe if the director had some decent people it would work better.

Richard said...

Sounds like a discrimination case! They either fine them all, or pay up!

Anonymous said...

It's just another city fund raiser push. Like handing out parking meter tickets down town when drug dealers are just a block over having a corner sale. It always a financial decision. Get your fine money or spend money on the dealers. Your money always wins. Is that what the city calls "fighting crime on Main Street"?

Daddio said...

Did you happen to present these photos to the judge when pleading your case? I seem to remember something about equal protection under the law ....

joealbero said...

No Daddio, I did not. Didn't think I needed to. In fact, the Judge stated he worked in my building for years and just knew an address had to be posted on the building.