Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sarah Foxwell Family Members Getting Harassed By Wicomico County Employee

Dear Joe:

I am a family member of Sarah Foxwell. I work for a local business and I wanted to tell you about a very upsetting phone call I received today.

At 9:01 an employee for Wicomico County Liquor - called my office very irate and disrespectful. I asked with whom I was speaking and he would not tell me his name. He said my family was thieves and liars and we got what we deserve. Mind you he used several curse words in the process. I was very professional with this gentleman (using that word lightly).

This conversation lasted for several minutes, the entire time I was asking what he wanted. The bottom line he just wanted to curse me out. I know a lot of your readers have very strong opinions about my family, I do agree everyone including this person is entitled too their opinion.

Here is where I have a problem. He is a county employee calling me on county time to curse me out, WHY!

I have spoken to a member of the Liquor Board (I will not name at this time) and he stated they are looking into the matter. At this time I have not heard from anyone regarding the outcome.

I do not know what would possessed anyone to do this. My Family has been though ENOUGH!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

was this a Liquor Control Board employee or a Dispensary employee

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another child molester mad because his bud got caught!
I hope Mr Lewis follows this up....

Anonymous said...

When you find out who this person was please post the name !

joealbero said...

anonymous9:45, We already know who the person is.

Anonymous said...

Who among us wouldn't be scrutinized and judged by others if the details our own lives were to be made public? How can any of us cast judgment... those who live in glass houses... those without sin, cast the first stone.

Anonymous said...

No family deserves to lose a family member the way the Foxwells have lost their loved one...! God Be with this family..!

Anonymous said...

Take it to the goverm. rulers. this prson should be fired and no pension.

Anonymous said...

People need to leave this family alone. And if an employee called on company time fire his ass, And if it were his time press charges against his ass.People need to stop thinking they can get away with harrassment, I have an -x daughter inlaw who thinks she can do this all the time, well guess what B-otch game on we have taken enough of your sh--...

Anonymous said...

I agree 10:33,my thoughts exactly...took the words from my mouth!!!

Anonymous said...

People need to leave this family alone. We all suffered this awful crime at Christmas. I do not know the family but they have suffered enough. It affected all of us in the area. They do not need to be harassed by stupid people.

Anonymous said...

Harrassment of women in this county goes unchecked. There is no protection for women in Wicomico County if they are being harrassed or stalked or threatened. You have to end up dead before the state will do anything, if at all.

Anonymous said...

Sarah has died in the worst way possible.i do not know her family and wish that people would let her rest in heaven with God by her side.Mike Lewis will get his justice(GOD BLESS MIKE LEWIS AND ALL HE DOES)and in the end the Lord will have his justice as well. Fly high little angel God will take care of all of the sick people out there.As i believe he may just be on his way soon......

Anonymous said...

I must ask , WHY?

Anonymous said...

I am still praying for Sarah's family... some people don't have anything else to do!!!

Anonymous said...

Why on earth do these people work for the government?
The sales and distribution of liquor should be no different than food or cigarettes.
It should be a private company!

Anonymous said...

Joe if you won't get in any trouble can you give us his name. I myself would like to spit in his face and hope he reacts.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm missing something here.I mean the guy should not have made the call,
but what compelled him to do so?
was the mother in there buying up bottles of vodka or what?

Anonymous said...

Foxwell family: Whoever called you was way out of line and you are owed an apology, which probably won't happen.
If you were called by an employee of the liquor dispensory, that was not a county employee. Remember all the trouble Mr. Holloway had last year getting information about how the Liquor Board's employees were spending money for things they shouldn't? Thanks to Councilman, Holloway, an a couple of others, that was stopped. People who work at the Dispensaries work for the Liquor Board, not the county.
But the Foxwell family shouldn't be getting calls like that, no matter who the caller works for. What happened to common decency?

Anonymous said...

she did not deserve this ii miss you haleybug!<3 ii miss seein you everydayy!