Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wicomico County Roads

Joe:

I would like to complement an office of the Wicomico County Government. Yesterday, while walking, I noticed that the recent rains had washed out an area along Ward Road not far from the airport. I went to the Wicomico web site to find an email address to report the problem. I found that the Superintendent of Maintenance & Construction is J. Bruce Kelly. I sent him a short email describing what I had seen and got an almost immediate response telling me that someone would check on the situation before noon. I walked again about 8:30 this morning and a repair had already been made. I'm sure one of Mr. Kelly's jobs is to save the county money and responding quickly before there was damage to the road would do that. I would like to thank Mr. Kelly for his quick and courteous response to my email and to the problem.

Jim King

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Kelly is very good at his job. I have had problem with rain run off and he came right out to correct the problem.

Anonymous said...

I nice to see positive feedback about a government worker doing a good job. Most of us are quick to criticize, and slow to compliment.

Anonymous said...

Here is something that freaked me out on Monday afternoon. I had just crossed 50 on Beaglin Park Drive and needed to merge to the right, holy crap--there is a man in an orange vest kneeling in the middle of the road. He is hammering something into the yellow lines. The ONLY protection he had was the vest. No near by vehicle with flashing lights, no co-worker spotting him. It was insanely dangerous and stupid. A slight distraction and I could have hit him. Don't what agency he was with.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a surveyor. Private company and a guy that has a death wish.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me! How many MONTHS have the roads been messed up by the hospital and how many more will they be messed up before they get fixed? Horrible job! Do you play with tonka toys on your breaks? All day! Fix the roads dude. At least the EMS doesn't go down these roads. They never be able to do CPR.

Anonymous said...

The roads around the hospital are the cities. That is half the problem, everytime someone sees a problem with a road or workers, they assume it is the county. You know what happens when you ass-u-me. How about we learn our facts before we put our foot in our mouth. Typical.

Anonymous said...

Mr. King, do me and the other hundreds of people who use Melson Road daily a big favor, ride down this road in your personal vehicle then maybe soemthing will get done. Everytime it rains the potholes get bigger, it is a dangerous road!