Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Delmar Is Great

"Joe,

Just wanted to share a quick story. After working yesterday (and not realizing just how bad the roads were, took 2 hours to go 30 miles), I pulled into my driveway and yes, got stuck with half of my car in the road. I went and got the shovel and started digging. There was a man across the street with a tractor and plow, I've never met him before but he came over, helped dig me out and plowed my driveway, needless to say I was so grateful.

I had to leave for a little bit today, came home and my driveway was completely plowed again. I'm pretty sure this was another neighbor as the tracks were different. I think it's really great how people help each other out in situations like this.

Just wanted to share something positive since we hear negative stuff so much and say thanks to everyone who helped a friend, neighbor or stranger during this snowstorm. This is why I love the eastern shore :)

Thanks,
Donna"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Minus a few bad eggs, the shore is a great place to live!

Donna, I hope your new friend won't stay a stranger. Now that you've met via a snow storm don't become strangers again.

Anonymous said...

Similar great Eastern Shore story...went into a ditch, while waiting for AAA tow, 30 if not more stopped to ask if they could help!

Didn't even realize that it took over an hour for a tow, so many wanted to help! I felt very busy and NOT alone! Gotta love the ES!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bake that nice man some cookies!

Anonymous said...

Thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself. It is so refreshing to hear this kind of thing.

Doug wilkerson said...

Id rather hear Richie Valliens sing "oh Donna" myself.

Anonymous said...

I just moved into a new townhouse and have been having trouble talking to my new neighbor. Hes an older gentleman who is handicap and seems kinda grumpy. I tried talking to him when he was moving in and he gave me the cold shoulder. Well I shoveled out his driveway and sidewalks for him yesterday. When we was backing out of the garage I got a wave. I guess its a start. I did meet 3 other new neighbors when I helped them shovel there driveway.

citygoer said...

Having moved here from the midwest these "random acts of kindness" happen all the time in my hometown. Its good to know there are still good ppl out there though. Move to the midwest and its the same way.