Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Jack Daniels Fishing Story

I finally got around to going fishing this mornin' – but after a while, I ran out of worms.

Then, I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth, and frogs are good bass bait. Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth, I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog and put it in my bait bucket.

Now, the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bitten. I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth. His eyes rolled back and he went limp! I released him into the lake without incident and carried on with my fishing, using the frog as bait.

A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot. There was that dang snake with 2 frogs in his mouth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank the lord for a little Jack...he makes my "day" every now and then!!!

countrygirl@heart