Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Another One Of My Favorite People In The World Has Passed


I received a phone call not long ago from a Family Member informing me that my Aunt Pat just passed away.

My Aunt Pat Kiernan was by far one of the most wonderful people God truly blessed all of us with. She is the Wife of my Uncle Tom, Mom's Brother. Imagine losing your Sister one week and then your Wife the next.

Aunt Pat was battling cancer for more than a year now and will stand side by side with Mom in Heaven. God has certainly improved his surroundings in the past two weeks with these two women.

Unfortunately for the rest of us left here on earth, we'll have to suffer without them and simply strive to fill their shoes, which will be impossible. Aunt Pat & Uncle Tom have five beautiful Daughters and many Grandchildren.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We sure have been hit hard this month. I'm sorry for your family loss once again.

Kimmie

Anonymous said...

joe, iam truly saddened by the loss of another one of your family members. my prayers are with you and your family.


eric the barber

Anonymous said...

Joe I was once told that God doesn't give you more than you can handle. Sometimes he does lay it on a little thick. I am sorry for your losses.

Nancy said...

Prayers and hugs along with our deepest sympathies go to you and your family, Joe.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that, stay strong

Anonymous said...

I am sending prayers and sympathy your way for the loss of your Aunt Pat.

Anonymous said...

Joe I'm so very sorry. Some words of comfort shared with me when my mom died. I have kept this challenge best I could for 8 years now.

Ones legacy is not only what they did, but also how we use the gifts and example lovingly left in our care.

Ray

Anonymous said...

We all know that we must die and are promised a "heaven," it's just so sad to be left with only memories of our loved ones. Joe, we will keep your family in our prayers and hope you will focus on the good things in life as your mom and aunt have gone on to a better place.

Anonymous said...

God never gives you more than you can handle but it sure can get trying at times. My condolences Joe.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written Joe and what a great photo.

Stef

Kevin Earl Dayhoff said...

Sorry for your loss.