Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 20, 2009

County Council Meetings

Gentlemen,

My name is Kim Marshall. I live in Fruitland, MD. I would like to attend your meetings so I can see where my county tax dollars are going and to see who's voting for/against what. I can't attend these meetings because those people in my life who provide me with transportation have day jobs.

Could you possibly take in consideration those taxpayers who voted when you schedule your meetings? I know of several here in Fruitland who would attend these meetings if they were held at night. I've heard you tried moving it to evenings without it changing the number of those in attendance. Speaking for myself, I hadn't heard of the meeting until the following day. Without any notice, how can we show up?

Thank you for your time.

Kim Marshall

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are people really this stupid? Amazing.

Use Google!

Anonymous said...

Could the above message possibly be left by Bill McCain? It sure sounds like his tone.

Anonymous said...

Kim, Kim, Kim;
If we had these meetings when voters could attend, then they might get the idea that they could tell us what to do. Don't you understand that we know what's best for you people and we will give you what we decide is for the good of the entire county.
These meetings could be confusing to you people who could not possibly understand the complexities of local politics. That's why you voted for us, let us handle it.

Anonymous said...

9:37


Would anyone be able to ask council members questions by using google. Are you libs to quote you
"really that stupid"

Anonymous said...

The Wicomico Bd. of Ed. has day meetings one month and night meetings the next. We parents appreciate it, and other taxpayers probably do too.