Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Brooke Mulford Update


Hey everybody me Brookie here just to say I am leaving for CHOP in the AM. I sure do appreciate all the good food everyone has made for me and Mommy. I also want to thank everyone for keeping me in their thoughts and prayers. I have had a really good week since I last checked in with you all. I have played really hard with all my toys and made lots of cards for everybody at my new table in our sunroom. I have taken lots of walks with Mommy and Bailey Dog and had a few more play dates with Riley and Morgan from next door. Today was a special treat, I got to see Ms Tara’s new baby. I could not get too close but she was so cute! Boy, do I miss Greyson and all my friends for that matter. I am sad to go back to CHOP, but I know it is what I must do to beat this Cancer. Over the last few days Mommy and Daddy have done some special things for me. First on Saturday, when Daddy came home from work so Mommy could go out with some friends that night he came in with a box and two sleeping bags. It was a tent and told me we were going to be camping out, oh boy was I excited. I told Mommy I wanted to do that and Daddy got the idea from Mommy I think, but I was excited to get the tent up and put all my stuffed animals in the tent. I was helping best I could to get the tent up and thank goodness Ms Robyn was here cleaning to help Daddy, because it might have taken a lot longer. We got everything all set up and I moved in. Daddy then made me a special dinner from one of Mommies’ recipe books that I wanted and it was really good, not as good as Chef Joel’s stuff he makes me at Market Street but Daddy will do in a pinch. After a bath Daddy then had another surprise, he made me smores! They were really good, but a little too messy for me, so I just ate some marshmallows. Then it was off to camp and Daddy read me some stories in the tent with just a flashlight. It was so special me and Daddy camping. I did wake up about 6:30AM and wanted to go see Mommy, which was ok with Daddy because I think Daddy’s back was hurting. Then on Monday we all did something really special. At 9AM Mommy started making popcorn and we got in the car and met Daddy in front of Regal Cinema and they arranged with Mr Seth who manages Regal Cinema to have a theater all to ourselves so I could see Ice Age! How cool was that? Although about half way thru I did get scared from the big dinosaurs and we had to leave, I wish I could have had my friend Gabe with me; he loves dinosaurs and he might have been able to calm me down. I did get to see a movie in the theater this summer and go camping! Then later that night I coaxed Mommy into camping, so I got to have 2 nights of camping! Then Mommies back was sore! Well, I should get some sleep so I am ready for another round of Chemo and the 2nd Transplant and close to another month at CHOP! I just want to say a very special Thank You to Mr Seth and Regal Cinemas for allowing me to have the opportunity to see a movie this summer!

It was really nice being home for these few weeks, it does make it that much harder going back though. As you can tell Brooke has been doing really well. We are praying really hard that things can continue to go as planned and this well, but we know not to get ahead of ourselves and take each day as it comes. As we pray for Brooke we would ask that you keep in your prayers as well some local friends of ours battling the Beast; Chris Palmer and his family, Sandy Fitzgerald-Angello and her family, Tracy Gibb III and his family, and a very special prayer to Dr. Alvarado’s family. Dr. Alvarado was very special to us and to Brooke as he was to everyone whose lives he touched!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Regal Cinemas! That was really nice.

Anonymous said...

Keep on fighting Girl! GOD will see you through.

Anonymous said...

Dear Brooke-

There are alot of people praying for you and your mommy and daddy. That camping idea was a good one! Sounds like you had a good time at home. You are a strong fighter!

To Mr Seth and Regal Cinema- you did a good deed. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

We are all FIGHTING BACK and praying for you Brooke and everyone battling cancer.