Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, July 13, 2009

Curse Words

Enough is Enough with the curse words today. I have been rejecting comments like there's no tomorrow this morning from those who feel the need to curse at just about anything and everything.

We have a policy on Salisbury News, no curse words. I personally do not feel simple words like "ass" is a curse word, so I allow it. However, you know what I'm talking about.

So if you're looking around wondering where your comments went, they've been rejected. If you're new to Salisbury News, now you know our Policy.

7 comments:

Reconciled1 said...

What the blankity blank are you filth and fouling talking about? You little blankity blankin blank blank....:)

Anonymous said...

How about if its cursing in Spanish???

joealbero said...

I wouldn't know.

Richard said...

I for one applaud your stance and action. If people want me to take their point under consideration, they really need to come across with carefully thought out words and not rants and raves. My hat is off to you Joe!

Anonymous said...

Awwww fiddlesticks!

Anonymous said...

I agree, but if the comment has merit, perhaps editing may be the answer.

Anonymous said...

I wish area businesses had the same policy. I don't know how many times in the last few months I've had to hear MF, or GD or other similar words that are very offensive. I mean, I'm just standing in line at WaWa or Food Lion for gosh sakes. This crap passes for everyday conversation? I am no prude, but think this is totally inappropriate for any work/business environment. It's usually young males using this language, but not always. Do other people hear this language in public and what do you do about it? I'm hesitant to say anything to the offensive person as I may get assaulted or who knows what....but don't think this should be tolerated. Area business owners and managers should have a "no profanity" rule!

Mrs. Tom