Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, May 01, 2009

Dave Suiter, "On The Road Again"

Hello Folks,

The Old Man is back Home!! Came over the bridge at Vienna, MD on US 50 about 1045 this AM and what should my eyes behold???????????? SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have seen only one hour of sun since I left Oregon and that was in Nebraska ( with the wind behind me for a change).

7300 miles from Salisbury,MD on US 50 to Sacramento, north along the coast to Portland and east to home. This was a trip that I have wanted to ride for years. I was fortunate to see two very good friends and their families in Portland and Indy. Thanks for the memories and hospitality classmates Art, Scott, and their wives Sue and Kathy.

Sheryl and I went by the American Legion a while ago. I was asked if I would do it again. YES!!!! I would like to be about 15-20 years younger but still, the trip was once in a lifetime. If on a motorcycle or in a car, there is so much of this great country to see that I feel sure you will be awed by the vistas along US50, through Kansas, Utah, Nevada and California up through Oregon,and back through Wyoming ,Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Maryland.

How about a trip to West Virginia along US 50 and back along the National Pike US40?? Would be a great weekend trip for folks on the Eastern Shore around October.

I would like to thank Joe Albero for posting my travels (BTW Joe, Several folks at SBY Legion followed my trip thanks to SBYNEWS .blogspot.com) and thank folks for their comments and concerns , which were very much appreciated. I had no idea that Joe would post this trip on his blog and their response to the updates.

Despite rain, snow, wind and over cast sky's the ride home was beautiful. There is much to see even along Inter-states.

I sincerely hope that some of you are able to have the time and desire to go out west, down south, up north and everywhere in between. The USA is a great place to live, to explore and enjoy. I've been almost around the world in my travels with the USN and NASA but here in the lower 48 it is the BEST. Please take the time to see and enjoy before it is to late. Find old friends, lost family and classmates to share memories and those friendships with.

That's it folks.

Again THANK YOU Joe and THANK YOU folks that followed this trip.

As Red said, Good Night and God Bless,

Dave

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank Joe also for posting your travels...and thank YOU for sharing your experience with all of us!
I looked forward to your posts. Some days it seemed that was the only encouraging thing of my whole day.
Glad to hear you're back home safely.
Thanks again to you both!

Anonymous said...

Dave thanks for the ride went all the way with you

jal

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Dave, glad you made it there and back safely. It was a wonderful trip, thanks for taking all of us along.

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are back home safe and sound. I enjoyed following the trip. Pictures were great!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks , enjoyed all the photos.
Could not wait to get home from work to see what was around the next corner..
Thanks we need more of this kind of news, good news and real fun.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Dave! I looked forward to your updates and pictures each day they were posted. The time sure did go by fast. Hope you'll be able to do it again and take us along with you.

KBM