Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Mayor-Elect To Participate In Easter Egg Hunt And Celebration


Salisbury--Mayor-Elect Jim Ireton will participate in the Johnson's Lake

Neighborhood Annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday April 11, 2009. The Easter Egg hunt will begin at 11:30 AM and is being held on Philadelphia Avenue in Salisbury. Dyeing of Easter Eggs, relay races, and refreshments are planned.

"It is with great pride that my first engagement, as Mayor-Elect, happens in my neighborhood. The annual Easter celebration is great fun for our residents. Susan Carey, our neighborhood association president, always makes these celebrations such fun for kids and adults alike. I went to kindergarten, in the 1970's, across the street from where we have this celebration, and am always humbled and inspired by the memories I have of this neighborhood. I'd like to wish the City Council, our university students, our seniors, and all our residents a peaceful and restful holiday." Ireton said.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bubba, too, as the Easter Bunny!

He will probably eat all the eggs.

Anonymous said...

Just think of what the headline would read if Comegys had been elected:

Mayor-Elect Participates in Neighborhood... Ummm.... Nothing!

You go, Jim!

doug wilkerson said...

I helped the wife fill the eggs for Easter and the thought of all those little Chinese made plastic eggs was killin me. My wife said the kids dont like real eggs and they would go bad. I dont care on Easter you are supposed to get artistic with real eggs and when the HUNT is over you make some of the wierdest colored egg salad you have ever seen,(you know how the dye bleeds threw). That Chinese stuff, I just cant get past it.

Anonymous said...

You thinl Louise Smith will be there??

Anonymous said...

The similarities to Obama continue to mount...
Soon there will be releases from
"the office of the mayor elect"

Astonesthrow said...

Our JLNA Egg hunt is always a hit! Jim has helpped us every year that he's been a part of our neighborhood. This one will be one to remember for sure!
We're all so proud of him!!!

Don't tell Susan, but Jim and I always sneak candy :) I mean come ON...who can resist a Reese's peanut butter egg? (or 2)I'll See all of you peeps at the hunt!