Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, April 27, 2009

Dave Suiter "On The Road Again"



Hi Folks,

All is well and still heading east.

Last two days have been catch up for the weather gods. Sock it to 'em time!!!!!!

Left Burley, ID for Wyoming Saturday AM. OK ride until I got outside of Ogden,UT. It had been breezy but all of the sudden the wind really gusted and temp fell. Hit blowing snow, pouring rain, hail and more snow as I went through Ogden and over another mountain. About an hour west of Laramie,WY the wind gusts were blowing me from right side of right lane into left lane. Started looking for motel!! Pictures of trucks passing me kept going through my head. TWC had gusts to 52mph!! Not good!!!!

At Laramie, TWC said wind and snow showers next AM.

Left Laramie and started east. 50 miles to Cheyenne took me 2 1/2 hours. SNOW! WIND!! WHITE OUTS!! Wanted to turn back but when they plowed night before, the "NO U-TURNS" were still snowed in.Had to keep going and SLOWLY!! At a few points. White Outs made visability about 20 feet. I could still see rumbles on right side of road so I followed them, rode in truck tracks and tried to stay out of slush and drifts.

As I've said, This is my last BIG RIDE. This 2 1/2 hour ride from hell makes that a promise to me and my wife.

Pics are typical of central WY and western NE. Only two pics because of weather which has been very cloudy ( except for 1 hour today). Interstates are not my favorite way to travel unless one wants to make time. The ride west on US 50 is the way to go. Through rural America!!

In Grand Island,NE and on to Moline,IL to say HI to Suiter Family association friend.

Next day on to Indy to visit Scott, 1957 High School grad and classmate.

Depending on RAIN, will try to run 700 miles to home Wednesday from Indy.

Miss my Honey!!

Later, Dave

No comments: