Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Louella Cane Passes Away


Delegate Rudy Cane lost his Wife Louella Cane this morning to Cancer. It had gone into remission and recently returned very aggressively this second go around. Delegate Jim Mathias spoke to me about how wonderful both of them are and was very saddened today by Rudy's loss. Jim sits side by side with Rudy in Annapolis. Jim's Wife Kathy is also battling cancer and know Rudy's pain well. Mr. Cane had a Professional Nurse with his Wife at home and unfortunately she passed away this morning.

I have know Rudy for a few years now and have always found him to be a wonderful man. Unfortunately I never met his Wife but our deepest thoughts and prayers go out to him as well as their Family.

10 comments:

Tony said...

she was the teacher in bennett high school who gave me the hardest time, but really, for my own good. she was an amazing woman that's for sure!

rip mrs. cane

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. Yes, the Cane's are really nice people. You are a man that we probably misjudged. Sometimes I guess we are over-sensitive and proud. Apologies are extended. God bless you. All people are not of your character and we must be watchful. I think you can understand this with your insight. You seem honest and hopefully a promoter of our race's status to be thought of as equals.Most of us are trying to make a difference. Thank you again for your concern.

Anonymous said...

He's a great guy. I'm a conservative, but he nevertheless gave me a scholarship all four years I went to undergrad at UMBC. I was probably the only person that voted for Cane and Colburn at the same time. My deepest sympathies to he and his family. May God bless and give them comfort during this trying time.

Anonymous said...

My prayers go out to the Cane family!

Anonymous said...

Rudy Cane is a wonderful person and someone you automatically trusted. Bless him and his family during this hard time.

Anonymous said...

There is much in the celebration of life for Mrs. Cane. Truly a wonderful woman. Mr. & Mrs Cane have done good things for this community and don't get enough recognition. When we moved into our new facility in the Northwood Industrial Park they were there for the celebration. They also attended our company picnic.

Reconciled1 said...

Our prayers our with him and his family....

Anonymous said...

God be with you in this time of sorrow Rudy

RIP Louella

Anonymous said...

While I may have disagreed with some of Rudy Cane's policies I never, never, doubted his will to serve the people of this community, or his outstanding resume which shows a life dedicated to public service.

My heart goes out to this man in these days ahead.

Rudy Cane, you sir are in my prayers. May God bless and keep you and help you through this difficult time.

God Bless You.

LadyLibertarian said...

She was my 9th grade math teacher, and I loved her. I really learned a lot from her.