Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 22, 2008

You Suck!


"Joe,



This morning I heard a loud noise coming down my street, and saw a county vacuum truck slowly inching along with the big vacuum hose hovering over the gutter. To the end of the street and back down the other side, I really didn’t pay it much mind. As I went out to run a few errands, I looked both ways before pulling out of the driveway, and noticed that the gutters still had sand, rocks, and leaves in them…FROZEN TO THE GUTTER, as it was some 24 degrees. I went around the block out on Zion Road, and there he was, continuing this futile attempt at cleaning gutters! Please see the attached “before” and “after” photos and figure that drivers’ pay plus the fuel burn for two engines on that piece of equipment, plus the payments on the truck probably is costing us around $410 today to accomplish absolutely NOTHING!

It rained yesterday, froze last night, and is still frozen now!

DUH!"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call his supervisor and report him!
Oh ' that's right , they just don't give a sh!t. Fire them all .
Good ole government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That would be their salary. So what would the total cost be?

Anonymous said...

Well if he wasn't doing it you would be saying he wasn't doing his job. Some people will never be satisfied.

Anonymous said...

I posted this comment. 2:49, I hope we don't pay him $410 per day. I included the truck payments and insurance and fuel costs approximately in that. For you other two, 1:50p & 3:57, he was probably scheduled to do this job today. My point is, though, that he had worked this chore for more than 3 hours with no result. If he had any work ethic at all besides "gettin' his 8", he would have called his supervisor and advised him that this method was not working, and waiting for a thaw or trying the brush type street cleaner would work better. Instead, the asshole "got his 8".

Barry G

Anonymous said...

WORK ETHIC. Does anybody out there know what it means?

Anonymous said...

Best thing to do with frozen leaves is pull your trash can next to the curb and get out there with a flat headed shovel and dig it all out and put it in you trash can for pick up next pickday. Is that too much to ask?

Anonymous said...

11:36, Yes. I grind up the ones in the yard with the lawn tractor to mulch the yard, and leave the rest to blow away into your yard. It's free fertilizer.
no charge

Anonymous said...

Do you have nothing better to do than complain about trivial stuff?? He's doing his job; it's not his fault it's freezing. I agree with 3:57... you'd be complaining if he wasn't trying. Are you that bored that you sit at your window taking before and after pictures to whine about street cleaners?? If it bothers you that much, use your oodles of free time and apply for a job with them; I'm sure they'd love to have you.

Anonymous said...

I agree with 1:50, the management over there sucks. I tried to get dirt from them one time when they were scraping the sides of the road if front of my house. I asked one of the guys if I could get some of the dirt. He told me they already had a place they were taking it. I finally decided to check into this "place" since I felt it was dirt from my yard, I should have some. They were taking it down the road to a guy that I know. I called him and asked him how to go about getting some of the dirt, and he asked me how much money did I offer the county guy per load. I said you have got to be kidding me, that dirt is from peoples yards with fuel and equipment paid for by us and those guys want money? I then said to him, maybe I should call their supervisor, and he said, who do you think they learned it from. Apparently this has been a tradition of the guys working the equipment for years, and now the guys that were doing it 20 years ago, are now the management. No wonder the roads look like $hit.