Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Have a free Dr.Pepper on Guns n' Roses

Axl Rose,of Guns n' Roses,with his favorite pop.
The 20 oz bottle being offered



You read it here first-Dr.Pepper will be making good on their promise of free sodas this weekend, as the Guns n' Roses long awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy" hits the shelves on Sunday!
Back in March, a spokesperson for Dr.Pepper claimed that they would give everyone in America a free soda if Guns n' Roses managed to release "Chinese Democracy" in 2008. Sounds easy enough,but as most GNR fans like myself know, this album has been in the works since 1994-FOURTEEN years! Thats a long time! One issue after another within the band delayed the album and finally it is a reality!
"We never thought this day would come," Tony Jacobs, Dr Pepper's vice president of marketing, said in a statement. "But now that it's here, all we can say is: The Dr Pepper's on us."
Beginning Sunday at 12:01 a.m., coupons for a free 20-ounce soda will be available for 24 hours on Dr Pepper's Web site. They'll be honored until Feb. 28,2009. Dr. Pepper is owned by Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. and is distributed locally on Delmarva by Pepsi Bottling Ventures.This is NOT a hoax, so make sure you hit the official website http://www.drpepper.com sometime on Sunday!
And fellow Gn'R fans-get out and get a copy this weekend!My sister Amy is such a huge fan, that I almost expect her to throw a release party for the occasion!!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a GnR fan myself but, you know, I can't see it being nearly as good as that band was because it's not that band ...

NedLos said...

I don't know. I'm actually listening to the single 'Chinese Democracy' right now and it's just as good as anything going right now. I do agree with you though, I saw them live 4 times and can guaran-damn-tee you that that band can ever be replaced.

Peace Out Cub Scout!

Anonymous said...

I like DR Pepper!

Anonymous said...

No Slash = No GnR. Simple.

Just call it the Axle Rose Experience and be done with it.

Anonymous said...

either one would make me vomit!

Anonymous said...

more like Axle and Friends.

Anonymous said...

cuNo Slash? Forget about it!

Anonymous said...

Free Dr Pepper, who cares if you're a GNR fan or not. The old stuff is great, the new stuff sounds great-but even if it didn't, its FREE DR PEPPER....Yay!

Anonymous said...

TotMom...that stuff is bad for you (the soda isn't very nutritious either). The comment that "it is as good as anything going right now" says it all. Little pop girls lip synching, non-political bling rap, and whiney teenage boys playing bad power chords is one of the reasons our culture is on the skids. Visit the Rams Head facilities across the bridge any time and you will see better music. Axl is a wanker!!

Chimera said...

Thanks for all the feedback! I have not had the opportunity to preview the album yet, because I only have primitive dial-up out where I live,but theres been alot of internet buzz about it!I have to agree it is NOT the same group that wowed me with "Appetite for Destruction" 20 years ago (damn,I am old!)but.....we are all older lol.
And don't forget that free Dr. Pepper!

Anonymous said...

TotMom...I played Appetite around some kids yesterday and they thought THAT was the cool new release. I dabble in providing music for peoples, and love to get a group of 10-15 year olds together and play something like the Stones "Exile on Main Street" or "Sticky Fingers" or Nirvana's "Bleach" album (their first-made for about 1,000 dollars).....kids are amazed at what good rock sounds like-Teach your children well!!!