Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I Actually Felt Bad For Police Chief Webster


The Host of the Crisfield Boat Docking Contest, (Flea) was giving away Tee Shirts during the event. The photo above shows the crowd and how excited they are about the shirts he was giving away.


When I noticed things were a bit slow, I went up to Flea with a Salisbury News Tee Shirt and said, would you like to give one of mine away? He replied, REALLY? I handed him the shirt and he immediately announced that Salisbury News was present taking all of the pictures of this event and the crowd honest to God went nuts. (Thank you, by the way)

He then announced, who would like a FREE Tee Shirt from Salisbury News, hence the above two photos where people were actually waving, jumping up and actually getting involved. Heck, next year I'm going to bring a bunch of them!

Right smack dab in the middle of this crowd was Police Chief Webster having to suck it all in and hearing the crowd go nuts. As a matter of fact, I ran into another Salisbury Police Officer soon after and all he could say was, you're pretty well received out here Albero, aren't you! I said, do ya think? He said, I heard the crowd!

I'm truly humbled by the reception Salisbury News received the entire weekend out there and I'm so glad so many people rely on us to bring them the real news and information to the Eastern Shore.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I imagine it was to burn in effigy.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work Joe! SBY NEWS rocks! The folks will always let you know who is looking out for them!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with mardela. Keep up the good work! I log onto your blog several times a day, and while I don't always agree with your political views, I respect them and think you do a great service to us.

Anonymous said...

man got off of yourself.. lets see if someone else pats you on your back

Anonymous said...

I was there Joe. I heard the crowd and saw the hands in the air wanting the shirt. A tip of the cap to you dude. The masses say More Albero!

Anonymous said...

When you are from Crisfield, you learn to take what you can get. How do you think they reproduce?