Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A VIEW FROM THE WEST: in high definition...



This entry in the VIEW should really be titled "A View From The North." Come with me to Baltimore as I follow up on Joe's tour of the WBOC-TV (Channel 16) new news palace on N. Salisbury Boulevard.

A couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure of taking a trip to the foot of Television Hill where you will find the studios of WBFF-TV (Channel 45), Baltimore's FOX station. A couple of months prior, they became the first in the market to launch a high definition newscast. Keep in mind that CBS, Hearst-Argyle and Scripps own stations on the VHF band and all three owners have HD newscasts in other markets, yet the little locally owned station that could beat them to the punch. WBFF is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group in Hunt Valley, Baltimore County.

Here are a few shots that I hope you will enjoy the views...












Thanks to Joe Gagliardi for showing me around and allowing me to pretend for a day. As a footnote, I should let you all know that when I showed my mom the picture, she said "you do realize that's you're future." She's right, that is usually the evolution of all journalists. However, I don't try to think about it. I do not know if this is me being cynical when it comes to moving up, or because I am currently focused on what I am doing right now.

I know that day will be coming. I think I will be ready when it's time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look good behind the desk. Best of luck to you!

Anonymous said...

You fooled me, I thought you were the news anchor there.

Anonymous said...

fox45 is a great station