Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ghosts At The Salisbury/Wicomico County Library?

Hello Joe and the SbyNews personnel (staff of one Ha)

Something going on at the library is very interesting to me and is an
alternative of TV for part of a night.

Ed Okonowicz is a professional writer, speaker and story teller. He is
"appearing" at the Wicomico Library this Friday at 7pm. His non fiction books
included a series of about 8 volumes of stories he has researched and some he
has investigated about haunted areas, objects and houses in the Northeastern US.
Included in the "hauntings" is a collection of folklore and great little facts
about our area.

Two things have struck me about this man when I have seen him speak. He is an
incrediably nice and easy to speak to person and his knowledge is as wide as his
skill as a story teller. He can address and audience like no other I have seen.
I had him come to a college that is in a neighboring state and speak.

Unknowingly the audience was peppered with people who were not happy about him
talking about ghost. When the "rude" questions started he answered them and
changed the subject matter from ghost tales to the history of story telling. He
is a professional and real fun to listen to.

He has written two fiction books that I have really enjoyed. I am not a big
reader and murder mysteries were never my number on choice but Ed's story lines
and local insight give a very unique approach to the Eastern Shore. His books
are for sale at various place but they are also free from the library.

I want to share this information and I ask that if you could spread the word it
would be great I think it is well worth going to.

Thank you once again and I hope this finds you, your family and four legged well
Ben In Salisbury

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ARE YOU SURE OF YOUR DATE? I thought he was there Tuesday night.

Anonymous said...

I apologize I wrote it down wrong it was last night not tomorrow.

Chimera said...

He is a GREAT writer and storyteller-I have read almost all of his ghost story compilations and a word of advice-do not read them alone late at night!!!!