Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Did You Get Screwed By A Local Accountant Too?

"Joe,

I was at my hairdressers earlier today, and there was a conversation going on about a local accountant, who had taken in many peoples’ tax information, but never got around to doing their paperwork. Those that she did were badly done, and most of those folks (or so I hear) had issues that required another tax person to resolve. What seems weird was that, they said, the office actually remained closed for a good while, so that these people couldn’t even get their stuff back to take to someone else. There were several people involved in this conversation, and they all knew someone who had had a similar experience.

Messick…..Kelly or Kim….I think the office was on Eastern Shore Dr.

When my hairdresser finally got their tax paperwork back there were several errors, very expensive errors. She said that the second guy, the one that fixed the errors, was told who he said he’d already fixed several other peoples messes from this particular person.

I was wondering if there might be other people who’ve been victimized by this person who don’t know there are many others in the same boat.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard the same bad things about Kelly Messick. She sure isn't doing business like her father did.

Anonymous said...

they never do.

Tax Guy said...

Remember...

You get what you pay for, unless it is a chain tax prep office. Then, you pay top dollar for crap work.

My tax business grows every year, with word of mouth and personal networking only. I charge fair, for me and the client, and give them what they deserve. If I don't know a complicated issue, I do the research or refer out.

Anonymous said...

Had my '06 taxes done by them - paid more in taxes than I ever have, & found out could have had much more in deductions. The 1040 was completed in long hand - the preparer was rushed since she had to go in the hospital the next day & had to finish it. Very unprofessional. Back to software for me.

Anonymous said...

That would be Kelly Messick's Tax Service. The last I knew they were located on Route 13. They never get the work done and file extension after extension. I don't know how they've stayed in business.

Anonymous said...

Kelly Messick is in no way shape or form an accountant. I understand she can barely make it to the annual tax classes.