Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This Guy Handles Your Animals In Your Zoo, Does He Handle Your Personal Pets Too?



"Hi Joe,

I am so glad the truth is finally being brought out.I certainly learned a VERY hard lesson,that almost resulted in the death of my horse.Early last year my horse developed some type of infection in his neck (What I know now was called "Fistula Withers").It ruptured from an apparent abcsess that Doug Nolte had "treated" him for the month prior. NO NOTES WERE TAKEN,I HAD NO IDEA WHAT TYPE OF INJECTIONS WERE GIVEN AS I HAVE NEVER,TO THIS DAY GOTTEN ANY TYPE OF REPORT.

Almost 3 weeks later,under DR.Nolte's expert care,my horse got very sick,this wound had grown & spread to the size of a fist and he began to colic from pain.He was immediately transported to an EMERGENCY EQUINE HOSPITAL. They could not really say if he would survive the next few days.A drain tube was inserted and he was sedated and monitored in intensive care,given mass doses of penicilin and pain meds.Needless to say that I will NEVER FORGIVE myself for trusting someone that I THOUGHT knew what he was doing.

My horse was hospitalized for EIGHT DAYS and it was eight days that I suffered with him,wishing that I could take his place. The clinic that he was at was wonderful and gave him the very best care we could have imagined.The final report was a deadly staph infection that had almost "eaten" it's way to the other side of his neck. Dr.Nolte did not even bother to run a culture on the infection, and perscribed the wrong antibiotic that does not kill deadly staphylococus.I kept Dr Nolte's clinic informed of my horse's condition,noting that he almost died from the care he had given him.I have never heard a word from Dr.Nolte,one way or another.OH,BUT I DID RECIEVE A BILL FOR SERVICES RENDERED....THROUGH THE MAIL.I almost fell out of my chair as I have never gotten any type of statements,records or any other documents.Any shots or injections that I have witnessed being given to any other animals in his care have never been noted as to what they even are....except for rabies.

THANK GOODNESS THAT MY STORY HAS HAD A GOOD ENDING.MY "BOY" IS FINE,HAPPY &HEALTHY.I might note that it took nearly 5 months for his neck to close & heal.My horse is a trooper...he dealt with me flushing and cleaning the wound 3 times a day for several weeks.I really believe animals know when someone loves them and is trying to make them better.I now have a trailer and a caring & compentent Vet who cares for all of my pets,including my horses.

Anyone out that there that chooses to try to "save" a few bucks might end up "losing"a great deal more than they would imagine.PLEASE....TAKE ALL OF THESE PERSONAL EXPERIENCES SERIOUSLY...THEY ARE NOT ISOLATED INCIDENCES.

JOE, I do have a question; is he still the treating Zoo vet? The best thing that could happen is that his license to practice veterinarian medicine is revoked,permanently."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, no surprise, he kicked his previous fiance to the curb cause she got cancer. If this is how he treats his personal relationships, i can only imagine how he would treat your animals.

Anonymous said...

yeah well everyone needs to scroll down and read the 20 comments below about how awful he is to the animals. how can he be shut down?? this is rediculous

Anonymous said...

I work for a local vet- if I had a dime for every ex-Nolte client who gave a similar story, I would be a billionaire.

Anonymous said...

Well let me say this. A friend of mine has a dog and just this past week that the dog got into some harmful products and Dr. Nolte did all kind of extensive work on this animal and said you and your pet have been thru enough and I'm not going to charge you a dime. He said lets just hope he pulls thru. Well he did pull thru and is completely back to normal. Thanks Dr. Nolte. And just so you all don't come back and say this is a family member or a co-worker my name is Stewart Wallace and he has been treating my pets for the last 22 years and they all have died of old age. I have even taken strays to his office and he has treated them free of charge.

Anonymous said...

I guess if he likes you, you and your friends get good care. From what I have heard and read, thank goodness I never used him.

Anonymous said...

This is my first time posting a comment on Joe's site, but the more I read about Dr. Nolte, the more I have to add my own story. My beautiful cat died 4 years ago after receiving Dr. Nolte's "care." We took her in one day because she was acting lethargic and not eating well and crying for no apparent reason. We took her in to Nolte and after one night of brief observation, we were given some random drug that did nothing for her. He gave some minor ailment (can't remember what now) as the reason for her acting oddly. I don't even know if he really even looked at her or did anything. She was sent home the next morning. She was still not right the next day so we went back but again, we were just kind of brushed off. She was acting worse by the next night and we could tell something was seriously wrong. We finally called back that evening and were told to just bring her in the next morning, that he couldn't see her until then. We were at our wit's end at that point because she was acting really sickly and we just had a horrible gut feeling about it. Thank God that the Pet ER had just opened up right before this so around 11pm, we headed over there. They saw her immediately and after examining her, they knew right away that something was seriously wrong with our cat. Within the next 1/2 hour, they were able to tell us that our cat had stomach cancer and it was literally eating her up. :( We had to put her down that night. Now, I know that there was probably nothing that could have saved our cat at that point, but I was seriously disappointed by Nolte's office. The standard of care and compassion was certainly not there. I even told them what happened but never heard a word of apology or anything from anyone there. BTW, shortly after our cat was put to sleep, we received a lovely card from Pets ER with their condolences, as well as a zeroed out bill from them. Not only did they eat the cost, they were so wonderful and compassionate, I would recommend them to anyone. That's my $.02.

Anonymous said...

Nolte was paid to (and supposedly did) give my cat "all shots an outdoor cat needs, no matter the cost". When I took my new puppy to him and he didn't even check in her ears I decided to take my business to Dr Richard Long at Pet Medical Center in Delmar. I asked for, and got, Spookys records. He had only been given rabies and distemper...no feline lukemia, no feline aids...nothing but the basics. I was livid.

He also told me that he wanted to wait until my puppy was 6 months before he operated on an inturned eyelid. Dr Long said "would you want your eyelid in your eye for that long? we'll do it now". He also killed my daughters guinea pig with antibiotics when it needed vitamins.

The animals in my house go nowhere near Dr Nolte. He is a charlatan and needs to have his practice shut down.

Anonymous said...

10:50 pm:
Have heard some stories about Dr. in Delmar...not so pretty either.
Didn't he recently die?
The BEST vets in town are Dr. Todd, unequivocal, and Dr. McAllister. They used to be partners. But, you'll pay.

Anonymous said...

I will vouch for Dr. McAllister. My mother-in-law has 14 cats and 2 dogs and gives Dr. McAllister a LOT of business! LOL He's great with all of them!

Anonymous said...

I disagree about Dr. Todd - he told me my dog was a "son of a b... who didn't deserve to live" (he had epilepsy and bit someone - certainly not an ideal situation, but he shouldn't have said that to me!) and he slapped my neighbor's dog across the face! He might be a good vet technically, but I won't take my animals to him.