Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, July 28, 2008

Is It Really Safe To Send Your Children Off To School?


Early this morning in Sussex County, we woke to quite a bit of fog. Our Grandson goes to all year school in Delmar and wouldn't you know it, the Bus was right on time and ready to pick up our little guy, even with this fog. When we asked why there wasn't a delay the driver responded, there are only 4 buses that service the entire County and it is what it is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

everybody forgets that Delmar has a year round program..that is the problem

Anonymous said...

If you questioned your grandson's safety, why didn't you keep him home, or drive him yourself?

I've driven mine in when the fog cleared several times, if I felt their safety was compromised.

Anonymous said...

I am not from this area but I have lived here for five years and I will tell you where I grew up we never had a delay or closeing for FOG.We went to school through snow sleet and rain,are school was like the post office.Now granted I grew up in the mountains of PA but still.I could go on with this post but don't got the time.

Anonymous said...

anon 4:27
I think the safety issue comes in when the child has to cross the road to get on the bus. If the driver coming towards the bus can't see the child crossing the road that is where the real danger is. In Joe's post he said he talked to the bus driver so he was there to make sure the child got on the bus safely. The child would be safer on a bus than in a car after all a big orange bus is alot easier to see than any car.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't look that foggy to me! Kids have gone to school when you couldn't see your hand in front of your face...now that is dangerous. The fog scares came after the school bus accident in Easton and it is over rated.