Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

TWO YEARS AGO TODAY










It was two years ago today when this Blog really started to be recognized. I chose to cover an event in Seaford Delaware where two local Soldiers had died in Iraq, (Corey Palmer and Rick James) and if you'll recall, (those 25 or 50 loyal visitors back then) those nut jobs from Texas came in to protest the Funeral.

I had this gut feeling something was going to happen and while the MSM went to the Church to cover the funeral, I stayed behind. I just knew something was going to bust loose. Needless to say a riot broke out and I was smack dab in the middle of it with objects flying just over my head and Police Officers doing their best to break things up.

Boy, those were the days! Now I get to go to Council Meetings and deal with their BS! May these two men rest in peace and with any successful prayers the Families have found peace as well?

10 comments:

Ddubb said...

I'd like to point everyone to this wonderful article about the judgment against fred phelps and his church full of 'batshit crazy' Christians.
http://cjonline.com/stories/040408/loc_264906171.shtml

Anonymous said...

Those nut jobs were from Kansas not Texas

joe albero said...

You know, you could be right? 2 years is a very long time for a guy like me. Thousands upon thousands of posts later, Texas, Kansas, what's the difference? LOL

Anonymous said...

This unfortunate event happened in my hometown. That was a sad day. I went to school with Cory Palmer.

Anonymous said...

hopefully those mens souls were cured and blessed in whatever place they went to.

a most peculiar nature said...

I was there as a member of Patriot Guard Riders. I remember it well.

Godspeed to Corey Palmer, Rick James and to all who have given the ultimate sacrifice.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to the Patriot Guardsmen & women.

And those nut jobs were from HELL!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see our fellow troops to fight for OUR freedom and A**holes like those people who don't give a crap about it try to make an issue. All they did was make a bad image on themselves. True Morons. I say hats off to our troops fighting overseas. I hope people would realize what freedom is and why we are overseas. Oh, by the way isn't because of 9/11? Godspeed to our troops.

Anonymous said...

It is people like these guys holding the signs and protesting funerals that should be shipped off to iraq and made to fight. These are worthless individuals. let the man with the ied sign experience on and see how he likes it.

Girl who was there at the time of that crazy riot said...

just so you guys know i was at this riot and those people yelling at the police are trying to get them to do something because those people were ruining his funeral and they were wiping there butts on the AMERICAN flag and they deserve to be put out in the army and do something that guy with the shirt on yelling at the cop is my father i should know what happend