Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Little Ricky Did Some Splainin

"Hi Joe my name is Ricky Mullins. I am 12 years old and I just started my own blog. The address is rickshotspot.blogspot.com. I wanted to have one because I went to your blog every day and my blog is like for kids in my school and like updates on stuff in school like dances and all that stuff. I also want to include things that go on in school that grown ups never hear about and maybe other stuff. Sometimes I go to Salisbury News and get some ideas off your blog, and i dont copy it. I would like to know if I could go to your blog and look to get some ideas to put on mine. Please come by sometimes and read what I have to see if you can give me some pointers. Please exuse my spelling and grammer. I am the product of the public schools.

Your friend Ricky"

For many, school is actually out for those kids that go to year round school. That being said, who'da thunk we'd have such a young audience?

Ricky, we're very pleased you enjoy this Blog. I know and respect your Uncle very much, (Granddad) and know he'll protect you from certain articles and comments. I have created a link to your Blog in the hopes that many will come visit you today to see the Mini Me in you, LOL!

Thanks for coming by little man and we'll chat again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should save that message and read it everytime someone leaves you a nasty post. You just don't get a higher compliment than that!

BossHogg said...

Ricky:

Welcome to a time honored American tradition of writing what you think.

Benjamin Franklin helped to light the fire that became the United States of America by engaging in something called...

Pamphleteering...

Our Cub Scout leader when he first read our little blog in Pocomoke City commented to the boys in our pack that speaking out for what you believe is right is a very good thing.

The Internet is a very big place just like our world is and there is every kind of person you can imagine.

There are goood people, very good people, bad people, very bad people and some people will say things just to try & hurt you or make you cry because they are mean.

If you follow your heart in what you say & do you will be OK.

Grand Dad is right in telling you not to meet with people who contact you from the Blog...

Thanks to people like Poor Richard (Benjamin Franklin) and Larry Flynt, you and I have the right to blog or write about the things around us.

Be sure to write about the good things as well as the things you don't like... Let your teacher(s) know what you are doing and they will give you guidance and maybe even extra credit.

If you are not involved in the Boy Scouts I would suggest joining or at the least looking into it.

At your age your number one job is to be a kid... My oldest son is 22 and my youngest is going to be 9 next month...

They both say what they think, live by the Golden Rule (do unto others as they would do unto you) and have this one lesson hammered into their heads.

Be aware of your surroundings at all times.

So BLOG ON LITTLE RICKY!!!

Be just & fear not...

Sincerely,

Billy Burke
AKA Boss Hogg
www.pocomoketattler.com