Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Let's Discuss Comments

I must admit to all of you that this Blog is more time consuming than you think. I'm not complaining. I'm simply stating that I have never been busier and now I'm retired. Or, I thought I was.

Because of a select hand full of people, (less than 5) I have had to moderate comments because if they had their way they would simply bash my every word and throw curse words and or call my Wife all sorts of names and quite frankly Ladies & Gentlemen, they refuse to stop.

I'm not kidding you when I say there are days when I'm rejecting over a hundred messages because of their curse words, personal attacks and or flat out lies about people in the articles I've produced just to discredit the information.

That being said I want everyone well aware that when I put up articles and you refuse to put your name to the comment and you go on the attack, there's a very good chance I'm going to reject it. Look, I'm simply being honest. I personally don't think it's fair that I spend all this time and do all this work getting the information, simply to have someone come on here and bash it for personal reasons.

Therefore I want it made very clear that I do in fact moderate and delete quite a few comments, especially recently. To those Kratovil Fans out there who think this is going to be your place to bash Andy Harris with false information, I'm checking out your comments first and if it's not true, see ya! If it is true, I will post it. Fair is fair.

All that being said, it's not only extremely time consuming to write this Blog. Imagine the time it takes to moderate these comments. There are at least 300 comments a day brought to me. They must be read and then accepted or rejected. Again, I'm not complaining because I do get a laugh/kick out of many of the Anti Albero comments and most recently the stupid ones from JR!

If you want to waste your time creating non factual comments or comments that defame people, go for it. In the mean time, start acting like responsible people and put your name to your comment. I can understand why many do not but if you think you can bash people without a name behind it, there's a good chance I'm not going to accept it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you don't see the similarities between your rag and the Times? You're both biased.

Anonymous said...

Can I post slander against the mayor under anonymous or is that rule only applied for FOJ?

Anonymous said...

So Anonymous comments are OK as long as they agree with your opinion. Anonymous comments are not allowed when they disagree. Is that correct? Just let us know the rules sir.

Alexander Harper
Delmar, MD

joe albero said...

Mr. Harper,

Might I suggest you go back and read the article about three times so you get it. I do not have time to debate what I've already stated. IF you do not use your name and you defame someone or make a false statement, it will not get published. If you use your name, I'll post almost anything you want.

Anonymous said...

Who slandered the mayor? How can you slander her when she leaves herself wide open to public criticism. If she were an honest woman there would be nothing to slander.

Anonymous said...

Joe, respectfully sir, I don't have to re-read it. I get it. I also see very few comments go through that oppose your opinions. I do see an array of anonymous comments that are allowed to slander and provoke others that you post about. That's the way I see it sir. I realize it's your blog site and that is your right. However, in the issues of fair reporting, if that's what you want to call it, I suggest (and it's just a suggestion) that you reconsider your censorship of comments that don't tend to agree with the bias.

Alexander Harper
Delmar, MD

joe albero said...

Mr. Harper,

I can assure you a very strong majority of comments make it onto this Blog. Yes, even if they're against me. I'm cool with that. However, if someone slanders someone else without using a name, I'm not posting it.

Now you can sit here and try to suggest I'm blocking comments that oppose me, prove it. You can't because it's simply not true.

It's also very easy to sit here and play the Sir stuff all day long to make yourself look respectable. However, I'd suggest you may not be as kind as you appear and this could be a front. Especially if you're trying to convince others I'm censoring my Site stronger than I claim.

I think everyone can take a look around and see I'm very fair. However, the Anti Albero Bloggers are done. The games are over with and they can go elsewhere, (perhaps their own Blogs) and write what they want there.

In the mean time, this Blog is my Blog, you were right there. If you're not pleased with what I deliver, please move on to another source because I've made my decision and that's the way it's going to be, respectfully.

Perhaps we'll agree to disagree, I don't know. I'm willing to, if you are?

joe albero said...

You know what Mr. Harper? I just saw you comment elsewhere and quite frankly you are one of the Anti Albero Bloggers and I'll not continue fighting a worthless battle. Good Day Sir.

Anonymous said...

Very Good Joe! Peaceful Resistance.

Anonymous said...

Mr Harper,

Let it go, its useless to argue with the all knowing albero. Hmmmm I doubt your name is really Mr Harper. I think your really the Mayor! or Rapp! or Ray Lewis! or Gilchrest! or Samis! or Alessi!

Cowman Scents said...

This is the most hilarious section of the blog. Very amusing. Joe has made it rather clear and simple. As long as we identify ourselves, he will give us a forum. If we say something which he believes is UNTRUE . . . he will exercise discretion. Joe is already under enough fire, can't we accept that he must exercise discretion when HE believes something is untrue? As far as slander is concerned, isn't the definition of slander: an untrue statement made with the intention of creating harm? Why do any of us need to make untrue statements? This and other local blogs are great - while all Main Stream Media is literally . . . bought and paid for.