Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, June 20, 2019

TRANSPARENT, COMMON SENSE LEADERSHIP

TRANSPARENT, COMMON SENSE LEADERSHIP

Hi Salisbury, this is Wayne King, candidate for mayor of Salisbury. Now that Trump has announced his re-election I thought it was time to get mine going. In the next couple of weeks you will start seeing my signs in Salisbury and I will be accelerating my social media exposure. I will also start meeting with some of the leaders of Salisbury. I have met with Bob Culver a couple times... and I will say, I truly believe Bob is doing his best to serve his people, us. He's genuine.

Anyway, let's talk about what I stand for. My main part of my platform is based on crime and safety. Crime is ridiculous here in Salisbury for a relatively small community. We have drug dealing (going on right in the open). You don't have to be Superman with X-ray vision to see it. It is right in front of our faces! As a former business owner for 20+ years, in retail and wholesale, I would not want to drop an anchor here in Salisbury with my business hoping for a grand return on my investment. There is way too much crime in this city. 

1. There are only 2% of all cities (per capita based on 100,000 people) in the USA that are more dangerous than Salisbury.
2. We have more theft per capita than Baltimore. And not too far behind in other categories like rape and murder. That's why our nickname is "Little Baltimore."
3. The stats the city releases are skewed. Look at more reliable websites, like the FBI. Basically,  many crimes are being re-categorized. I do understand why it's done, we have a college here and I am sure the parent's of these students google Salisbury before they send their kids here.

Instead, you know what, let's stop lying to "ourselves" and let's clean Salisbury up. Then "we" won't have to lie and skew the numbers.

Everyone has their part in this quest. The people are the first line of defense. Call the hotline, leave  an anonymous message if you see something like drug dealing. My police force WILL look into it. Our strongest line of action and defense to these criminals is law enforcement. I am a big advocate and supporter of our police (I was actually a pitching ringer on an all police baseball team 11 years ago back on Long Island, but that's a story for another time). I will give them raises to keep them here. If you were a cop, would you stay in the second most dangerous cities in Maryland and get grossly underpaid? Would you even want to be a policeman or policewoman today with all the negative things said in the media about them? Give these guys credit. They have a tough job. Support them and the pay raise I propose if I am elected. We need law enforcement veterans. Also, if my police force has morale issues, I will get them a leader that will give it to them. I will let them take their gloves off and put handcuffs on the criminals. Heroin dealing must be eradicated as quickly and thoroughly as possible. These thugs are playing Russian roulette with our children's lives. One heroin dealer on the street is too many.

Funny, Trump stole my line last night. "Make Salisbury safe again." He said America...

For any of you that's wondering how we are going to give the police a raise. Do not worry about it. I will find the money in Jake's goodie bag of senseless projects he has planned for the City. Speaking of projects. One of the first things my administration is going to do is fix the streets and side walks. Starting with the areas that are in the most need. I believe in spending money on making our neighborhoods nicer not the park or the zoo. You don't sleep at the park or zoo. Your children on their walk home from school don't walk through the zoo. I will get the dilapidated, abandoned homes that are in our neighborhoods razed.

I am not going to fall into the trap of spending thousands of dollars trying to revitalize the downtown. We will have it ready for commerce by getting the infrastructure up to snuff, but I can't force businesses to come here. Our city has to be enticing to a business owner. They will get their tax breaks, etc.. But the best way for the downtown to be revitalized is to allow it to grow organically. And I will keep saying this; the business will not come here with our crime rate.

Being a former business owner with much life experience in that ring, I know what I would like to see as a business owner. A PLACE CONDUCIVE TO MAKING MONEY. BTW, If I am having trouble drawing businesses here I will call Jake up and see if he would like to build a replica of the Eiffel Tower in the middle of downtown to bring them here. {I am joking, obviously} As Trump explained last night in his speech how great our economy is doing, I was thinking, "where is this?" Not here in Salisbury. We have 27% of our people living below the poverty line. Average household average income is $37,000 (sorry Jake, it is not over 50K). 
To improve our economy we need to be pro-active. My business development team needs to learn how to sell. I will teach them. If they don't like sales in the business development department, what are they doing there? Trying to avoid paperwork? Are we marketing Salisbury properly? Are we processing permits for new businesses and approving codes in a timely manner? Good questions.  

There are 3 things companies look for:

1. Livability (for the owners and their workers)
2. Talent (we have a college right here, unfortunately, if your are a SBY University grad and not in the medical field, you are leaving).
3. Viability (can we make money, can we grow here).

All of this should be obvious. But, unfortunately, for some, it is not. For example, what do all of the highest crime rate cities have in common? They have liberal/progressive mayors! So, if you like crime, homeless drug users, a broke city and a poor economy, vote for Jake. He's good at it. Re-elect this guy and you will soon see a city tax. He will need the extra tax money for the Milky Way Galaxy sports festival next. What does he think, he's the mayor of Florence, Italy? 

People I am here to tell the truth, which most of you know. "Once the problems are identified, the closer we are to knowing the solution." That's a quote by Steve Jobs. And it is true.

On the other hand, the people of Salisbury are good people, and they deserve better. Give them a reason to work hard and they will. This is one of the reasons I set roots here and bought a house. This city is very similar to the town I am from, Huntington, NY. Almost the exact demographics. I like it here, and I will help this City for the people. Not my political party, not myself. There is a swamp here and I will do my best to dry it up.

I have much more to say, so stay tuned. I didn't touch on the homeless problem. Next time.

Please visit my websites on FB, Instagram, and twitter. I will also have a website that will be improved in couple weeks, but is functional.
Facebook: facebook.com/Wayne-King-2374256119473462 ; (copy/paste)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/waynekingformayor/
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/wayneking4mayor


If you guys like what you hear and would like to give me... us... everyone a hand... please volunteer and/or consider making a monetary donation.

******************************************************************
 
Big Event coming up: [I will need volunteers]
Wayne King Rally at the Riverside Amphitheater in Downtown Salisbury
Cost of admission: FREE
Promoted by Wayne King, Joe Albero and Caribbean Joe's
Act: Loud Love is the band
Date and Time: Saturday, August 24th, 4PM-8PM.

Bring chairs if you are going to be late. Bring water.

I would like to thank Joe Albero for his support and access to this fantastic blog, and all the future volunteers.

Best Regards,
Wayne King

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. King I'm praying that people of Salisbury use common sense and support you in the upcoming election. It's discouraging to see how Jake Day has used the city of Salisbury and how filthy and crime riddled it has become. The sad thing is DAY is doing nothing about it except implementing programs and social events to make it worse

Anonymous said...

Jake knows how to fix the city crime issue and ALL the internal issue inside Salisbury Police Department. It was identified before and he said during his last election he would make the necessary changes. He lied about that and here we are with the same issues. Having worked closely with the men and woman of SPD, change has to happen Wayne. The answer is right in front of Jake from what I understand and he has refused to act on it. This will be his demise this time around. He is running out of time to make changes.

Anonymous said...

neither this city, nor this state nor this country can be fixed. I'm hoping for thermonuclear war to visit upon humanity all the pain and sorrow it deserves.

Anonymous said...

Baltimore sends their criminals down to ECI. Families follow the criminal. Families get on public services which include housing vouchers which are used by the builders of Section 8 housing. Criminal's families cause numerous behavioral problems in local schools and communities. Criminal is released on probation. Soon, criminal violates probation and is back in ECI. Criminal's family have other Baltimore family members move to Salisbury and the cycle continues. So if anyone really wants to improve the crime statistics from climbing in Salisbury you have to have our local State Representatives pass bills to stop this. Example: when a convict is released on probation have him release back to the other side of the bridge where they came from. Assign that person to a probation office back in the area on the other side of the bridge. Between the criminals and illegal immigrants being sent to this side of the bridge from Baltimore,the Shore Life on this side of the bridge will forever degenerate.

Anonymous said...

And There You Have It In A Nut Shell !!! BELIEVE 11:05 !! SPOT ON !

Anonymous said...

@11:05 why would they want to do that when they have an idiot like DAY trying to give them everything under the sun?? Take a ride through Salisbury and look at all the apartment complexes in Salisbury/wicomico county. Then you have two more going up beaglin park and Merritt mill. Salisbury is already comparable to Baltimore metro area in that respect and there's no turning back now.

Anonymous said...

My mother once said the same thing at the age of 83. Thank GOD it is not up to you two. I'm curious. How old are you if you do not mind telling the viewers, respectively.

Anonymous said...

Great ideals. However, it's cheaper and easier for the family to stay on the Eastern Shore. All the criminals need to do is catch the bus back to the Eastern Shore or catch a ride with one of their gangster friends back to the shore. What a new and reasonably conscious politician can do is either shut down E.C.I. for realistic security reasons. Or, stop all intercontinental transfer of all sentenced Western Shore inmates to the Eastern Shore. Or, keep E.C.I. open only for sentenced inmates houses in all the county facilities located on the Eastern Shore waiting to be transferred to the Western Shore.

Anonymous said...

Mr. King, I hope the citizens of Salisbury votes for you.

Anonymous said...

June 20, 2019 at 7:46 PM
I don't think the public realizes how many of these mega complexes there are here.

I have read and heard Fake Day say that we need to up the homeownership rate. If he really believed that we would not be allowing another complex to be build. And he would strive to have the code change to restrict the number of complexes built. But he doesn't.

They are strategically hidden and out of public view. Pond View by Subaru plans on building 100+ more units. Do we need 100+ more units? Behind Tractor supply and out of view they are 4 stories high.

Why are we not building more single family homes?

Off Beaglin Park they are apts and town houses.

Due to the good old boys club, greed and ignorance, our government has destroyed an assemblance of "charm" out of this town. If Day really believed what he was saying his actions would be different and there would be more control over what was being built.

He is telling you what he thinks you want to hear but you can plainly see by his actions and those actions of our government that it is all about money.

The new development off Beaglin Park should have been all single family homes. Not more rental.

And as Wayne King said, with the 27% in poverty and a median income of around 35K who can afford $1200 a month for a fake "luxury" apartment?

Anonymous said...

Honestly, the cute dog in the picture would be a real upward Mobile for the mayor position considering all we’ve seen from Day and his band of goons. Much smarter, too.

Anonymous said...

Promise you'll fix the potholes and do something with the streets on the west (black) side of Salisbury, not just where the pretty people live? If so, I will vote for you.

Wayne King said...

7:58 Streets and sidewalks will be fixed on the worse streets first. In other words, on a "most need basis". BTW, I might live next door to you.

Anonymous said...

I do rather doubt that.

Anonymous said...

Awesome post once again. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Promise you'll fix the potholes and do something with the streets on the west (black) side of Salisbury, not just where the pretty people live? If so, I will vote for you.

June 21, 2019 at 7:58 PM

I'm white but I don't consider myself "pretty people." I might not be attracted to black people or even many white people. That doesn't mean that I am any prettier than they are. Everyone has their own unique look and that is what the attraction is. It also depends on how you carry yourself and how you dress. We are all in this together and we all have red blood. Love and respect to all who deserve it.