Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 22, 2017

'Shocked': Maine Woman Ordered by City to Take Down Pro-Trump Signs

"I guess I’m being stubborn ... but I’m not going to back down from what I believe"

A Rockland, Maine, woman says she would rather go to jail than take down her pro-Donald Trump signs.

Susan Reitman has hung two banners on her front gate: One that says "I love Trump" and another that says "He Won, Get over it."

She received a notice from the city’s code enforcement office a few days ago, asking her to take them down.

"I was shocked," she said. "This is my freedom of speech. People have a right to voice their opinion."

More/Video

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to sue these people at every turn.

Anonymous said...

In maryland, court ruled you may paint your house with political message, as it should be. Remember Mr. brewington?

Anonymous said...

you go girl

Anonymous said...

I wasn't familiar with the ruling 9:03, but was thinking of the Brewington residence when reading your comment. If I recall his was reference local politics, not sure. Didn't he have a beef with Delmar intellects?

lmclain said...

Leave them up and shoot anyone who gets "triggered" by them.
In the stomach.
A couple of rounds.
COUNT on "jury nullification".
Keep cheering.