Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Authorities ramp up arrests of undocumented immigrants in Maryland

BALTIMORE —The WBAL-TV I-Team has new arrest numbers, showing the stepped-up crackdown on undocumented immigrants in Maryland. The numbers seem to make it clear the new direction of the Trump administration.

The I-Team requested the data from immigration and customs officials. They don't break it down by jurisdiction, but in southeast Baltimore, there is a large immigrant population.

It's now been five weeks since Jesus Peraza was arrested in southeast Baltimore after dropping his 10-year-old son off at school. WBAL-TV 11 News spoke with his family March 24.

"When did you find out he had been detained?" I-Team lead investigative reporter Jayne Miller said.

"When my uncle went to pick me up, he told me," said Anderson, Peraza son.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about the term illegal do people not understand?

Anonymous said...

Illegal means "will vote democrat one day."

Anonymous said...

How about Arresting Al IRS sharpton ?