CASE NUMBER: 16MSP000473
LOCATION: MD-309/Three Bridge Branch Road
VEHICLE 1: Black Chrysler Town and Country
DRIVER 1. Barbara Marie Sellner, 41 years old
On 01/04/16 at approximately 1248 hours, Troopers from the Maryland State Police Easton Barrack responded to MD 309 (Cordova Road) S/O Three Bridge Branch Road, Talbot County MD for a single vehicle collision. Upon arrival, it was determined that a Chrysler Mini Van, operated by Barbara Marie Sellner, 41 year old, Centreville MD was traveling north on Cordova Road when the vehicle crossed the center line and exited the roadway from southbound lane and struck a tree. There were 3 children in the vehicle: a 5 year old female, 3 year old male and a 5 month old male infant. It is unknown at this time if they were all properly secured. All 4 occupants were transported to Easton Memorial Hospital. The driver refused medical treatment. The 5 year old and 5 month old children were treated locally for their injuries and the 3 year old child was transported to John Hopkins Surgical Center for the treatment of life threatening injuries.
Due to the observations and the information learned by responding Troopers, Field Sobriety Testing was conducted and lead to Sellner's arrest. The Talbot County State's Attorney's Office and Department of Social Services were consulted and the Maryland State Police Crash Team will be investigating further.
- Criminal Law 3-211 (c) Life Thrt Inj/Veh-Boat/Under Influence
- Criminal Law 3-211 (d) Life Thrt Inj/Veh-Boat/Impaired
- Traffic Law 21-902 (a)(2) Driving veh. While under the influence of alcohol per se
- Traffic Law 21-902 (a)(3) Driving veh. While under the influence of alcohol per se while transporting a minor
- Traffic Law 21-902 (b)(1) Driving veh. While impaired by alcohol
- Traffic Law 21-902 (b)(2) Driving veh. While impaired by alcohol while transporting a minor
INVESTIGATING TROOPER: Trooper. D. Pratt
BARRACK COMMANDER – LT. Robert Connolly