Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 19, 2015

Who Died Before They Collected Social Security

THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THE   GOVERNMENT'S CALCULATION  
 OF AVAILABLE SOCIAL SECURITY IS THEY FORGOT 
TO FIGURE IN THE PEOPLE WHO DIED BEFORE THEY EVER COLLECTED A SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK!!!
    
      
WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO?          
 
Remember, not only did you and I contribute to Social Security but your employer did, too.   
It totaled 15% of your income before taxes. 
  
If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that's close to $220,500. 
Read that again. 
  
Did you see where the Government paid in one single penny? 
We are talking about the money you and your employer put in a Government bank to insure you and me  
that we would have a retirement check from the money we put in, not the Government. 
  
Now they are calling the money we put in an entitlement when we reach the age to take it back. 
If you calculate the future invested value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer's contribution)  
at a simple 5% interest (less than what the Government pays on the money that it borrows). 
  
After 49 years of working you'd have $892,919.98.  
If you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years  
(until you're 95 if you retire at age 65) and that's with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! 
If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month.
  
THE FOLKS IN WASHINGTON
HAVE PULLED OFF A BIGGER PONZI SCHEME
        THAN BERNIE MADOFF EVER DID.         
Entitlement my foot; I paid cash for my social security insurance! 
Just because they borrowed the money for other government spending,  
doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!! 
  
Remember the benefits for members of Congress? 
         free healthcare, 
         outrageous retirement packages, 
         67 paid holidays, 
         three weeks paid vacation, 
         unlimited paid sick days. 
  
Now that's welfare, and they have the nerve to call my social security retirement payments entitlements? 
  
They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives, and now, when it's time for us to collect, the government is running out of money. 
  
Why did the government borrow from it in the first place?   
It was supposed to be in a locked box, not part of the general fund. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Without a doubt the largest ponzu scheme ever perpetrated on modern civilization. Open your eyes ppl. There will be many more ppl dying before they collect SS. It's was calculated into the Obamacare equation. Now jade helm 15is in full swing, the military air traffic in our area is increasing in case no one has noticed. Many will soon be labelled domestic terrorists and will be shipped off to dungeons and never seen again. Many will die without collecting SS even though they have paid into it for years. It will be interesting to see this all unfold before our eyes.

Anonymous said...

It's like a 401k that you have no choice in.

Anonymous said...

Upon the death of a parent or parents, some of those benefits went to children under up to their 22nd birthday if they went to college, up to their 18th birthday if they did not go to college. I know because my father was killed in a car accident when I was 7 years old. My siblings and I got monthly social security benefits. I collected until I was 22 as I went to college.

Anonymous said...

My Father passed away when I was 23, and I received a check from Social Security for roughly $7K. Don't know why, but it came in the mail and I quickly deposited it.

mommy13 said...

my dad died at 54, mom still cannot collect a penny because she is too young

Anonymous said...

People with disability get some of that money

Anonymous said...

The three previous posters are correct about some of the money going to surviving dependents or disabled persons but that doesn't make it right or fair. I paid a helluva lot of money into the system, and because I was self employed it was twice as much as people who work for an employer (yes, you can look up the law) and there is no way I will EVER get back what I paid in, no matter how long I live. Social Security is a raw deal for those who work all their lives.

Anonymous said...

This really pisses me off. I am 40 yrs old and have work and pd out to SS since I was 14 when I had my first job. I know need a surgery that will cause me to be out of work for 2 months. I do not have short term disability because I cannot afford it. I live by myself and have a mortgage and car payment and pay everything on one paycheck. I checked to see if I can claim disability for the time I will be out of work. The answer is no! I can't believe I cannot receive some money that I obviously paid out to begin with while I recover. I don't need the stress and am afraid I will return to work before I fully heal. The system sucks!

Anonymous said...

424-I'm 1:14. I agree, it is a raw deal. My Pops passed away at 62, he was forced onto SS disability at 61. My brother and I took care of him the last 8 months of his life. I know what he earned during his lifetime(30 years at a prominent printer; 15 years heading up his own corporation)...sadly, he didn't get to benefit from what he paid in. I wish he had the chance to enjoy retirement, but he didn't. It's a terrible system. That's why I support privatizing SS, or at least, having individual SS accounts. Your money, should be your money; plain and simple. If you pay in X, you should have a portfolio like anyone who has an IRA. It's your money, and that's how it should stay.

Anonymous said...

Yes.. my father passed away at 59 and never collected a penny. When my mother was old enough to collect SS she collected and still collects his SS. So what happened to what she put in?

Anonymous said...

You guys stop bitchin , I'm 72 still paying into SS and have been since 1959

Anonymous said...

706-Then you must have been doing something wrong with your life.