Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 07, 2015

Why No Discounts For ALL Americans?

A new bill would make prescription drugs cheaper for those covered by the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program. Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.) introduced the bill. It would change contracting requirements for prescription drugs. Right now, FEHBP is planning to contract with pharmacy benefit managers. They will act as middlemen to negotiate prices with drug companies. The new law gives the Office of Personnel Management more oversight over pharmacy managers. They'll have to return any rebates or discounts back to FEHBP. The National Treasury Employees Union said it supports Lynch's bill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some Americans are MORE EQUAL than others.

Anonymous said...

I have a question that really bothers me. Here's hoping someone out there has an answer. I am 67 yrs old and have been told about a new medicine that could really help me (to replace current med) but my MC Part D Rx plan would still leave me with a cost of $250 a month. Now the pharmaceutical company can give you the medicine for free...unless you have Medicare. Do they think that people on MC are wealthier than other citizens? Just don't understand. I would love to know how to find out their reasoning...any ideas?