Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 07, 2015

Cop Gets Slap On Wrist For Slugging Handcuffed Woman

MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – Security video from the garage of the Miami Beach Police Department shows a group of officers milling about, a petite, handcuffed woman standing among them. The woman reaches out her foot, as if to trip one of the officers, who then slugs her in the face and kicks her.

Miami Beach police released the video, along with more than 500 pages of investigative documents Monday, after a lengthy investigation of the incident that occurred in July, 2013.

The woman, Megan Adamescu was left with a swollen face and concussion. The fist-swinging, kicking cop was Officer Philippe Archer. Earlier, he had karate-kicked and punched 50-year-old Andrew Mossberg, leaving Mossberg’s face, cheek and forehead bruised and bloody.

Mossberg had come upon the cop, who was wearing a casual shirt and jeans, rummaging through an inebriated Adamescu’s purse.

He thought he was seeing a robbery, dialed 911 and shouted out that he was calling the police.

“Apparently that really infuriated him, because he rushed me, kicked me in the head, the left side of the head, and knocks me on the ground,” Mossberg told CBS4 News shortly after the incident in 2013. “While I’m on the ground he punches me twice, and I’m knocked out.”

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But., but these guys are our friends and here to protect us., right?
I'm gonna go puke now

Anonymous said...

Well if she tried to trip the officer, then that is considered assault. She got what she deserved.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well if she tried to trip the officer, then that is considered assault. She got what she deserved.

May 7, 2015 at 10:52 AM

I knew some idjut would say that

Anonymous said...

Punch my pregnant wife officers and I'll beat your family down in front of you. Starting with your youngest. Hope its an infant. That unborn baby is still a child. My child. I will fight n die for my family. And with actions like this.... A cop will have to do the same.