Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 16, 2015

Newlywed Dies of Sepsis After Getting Flu

A Wisconsin newlywed started to feel sick with the flu on a Monday. By Friday, she was dead.

Katie McQuestion, a 26-year-old radiologist from Kenosha, Wisconsin, got a flu shot to comply with hospital policy and had no underlying medical conditions, but she caught the flu and developed a serious complication from it: sepsis. She died on Jan. 2.

"She was the picture of health," her mother told ABC News, adding that McQuestion was married in September. "No 29-year-old should have to bury his wife."

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just one more reason to not get the FLU shot. All the liberals run around saying its a must to have the flu shot...even down to where I work they are insisting I get the shot! Sorry but no thanks!

Tidewaterbound said...

Been there, done that. 1995 I accepted my one and only flu shot because my job literally took us to have them given. I got the flu and was sick for five weeks. The only time I've ever gotten the flu. You could not PAY me to get another -- ever.

Childhood vaccinations are one thing, overall a good thing. However the annual flu shots are entirely different. Just say "No."

Anonymous said...

Big pharma is all in.Their ability to keep their mansions and yachts depend on sales of flu vaccine.