Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 16, 2015

Flu vaccine not working well; only 23 percent effective

NEW YORK (AP) - This year's flu vaccine is doing a pretty crummy job. It's only 23 percent effective, which is one of the worst performances in the last decade, according to a government study released Thursday.

The poor showing is primarily because the vaccine doesn't include the bug that is making most people sick, health officials say. In the last decade, flu vaccines at their best were 50 to 60 percent effective.

"This is an uncommon year," said Dr. Alicia Fry, a flu vaccine expert at the Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, who was involved in the study.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep drinking the kool-aid!
anything the government recommends run away from!

Anonymous said...

The one time in my life I got a flu shot, was when I got the flu! I got the flu soon after the shot and had
pneumonia with it. I also had never had pneumonia in my life.

Since that time, I will never trust what they say again. They say it is a dead virus and it is perfectly safe, I don't believe it. I will only trust in staying healthy by eating right, taking my vitamins, and getting at least 20 minutes of exercise per day.